cub cadet transmission oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a new cub cadet 2544, manual calls change at 10 50 every 100 hours after that.transmission filter that is.Will all the oil come out with filter removal,or just whats in the filter?

Quote:
Will all the oil come out with filter removal,or just whats in the filter?

My experience (with John Deere, not CC) is that you'll get some seepage, but no major gushing. Just have the new filter pre-filled, oil on gasket, etc..., and ready to slap on there as soon as you get the old one off!!

It wouldn't hurt to have a quart or 2 of whatever fluid you're using on hand, just in case..
thumbsup2.gif

I changed the filter on my CC 2544 last fall. Be prepared to lose some oil. I just changed out all the oil with the filter because of how much fine metal there was in the oil due to break in (filter only gets bigger pieces). It is just better to get all the oil out and install a new filter. I used Shell Rotella T 5w-40 Syn because it was cheaper than the CC Drive system Plus Fluid. If you look here and other places on the internet it works great in this application.

Originally Posted By: robd
I changed the filter on my CC 2544 last fall. Be prepared to lose some oil...

...I used Shell Rotella T 5w-40 Syn because it was cheaper than the CC Drive system Plus Fluid. If you look here and other places on the internet it works great in this application.

Hehehe.. loosing some oil is an understatement. I've got a 2544 as well. You'll loose a full gallon if your not real quick to put the new filter on or plug the filter base. I found that out the hard way on that one. I figured the oil flow would stop and walked over to grab the new filter from the work bench. Bad move. ~$40 of Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus drained into my dirty drain pan. Needless to say, my trans holds 6qts of Shell Rotella-T 15w40 now. Has for the last 3yrs/100+hrs. 5w40 is also a good call for these transaxles.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back