Cub Cadet deck hanger

So I picked up a Cub Cadet LT 1050, complete with blown head gasket. Replaced both head gaskets, I think it's running ok now, not that I've been able to put it through its paces, as while I have a 50" deck I don't have the front hanger. Looking at partstree.com and ebay to find new/used, it seems the front hanger is different on every Cub Cadet? which doesn't surprise me. What I'm curious though is if this is really that critical. It looks like a pivot point, as the deck goes up and down, it just has to pivot. Some small amount of adjustment, I'm guessing so that it stays reasonably level as it arcs up and down, and that's it.

Any reason why I can't buy something that looks close and use the big hammer to make it fit? It's like $150 in new parts, which might be worth it, not sure? The mower is from 2005, has 275 hours on it, and seems well taken care of (from a friend of mine, who is the sort to change the oil and air filter once a year). My yard isn't that big, maybe an acre to acre and a half, so I don't want to overspend on something that isn't long-lived.

In this pic, I need 24, 3 and related. 28, 27 and related are for the smaller 42" deck. [Pic stolen from partstree.com.]
partstree.jpg

I would look for similar MTD mower parts from other less expensive brands, since they make Cub Cadets.

If you can get the part numbers, you may find lower price knock-off or used parts on Ebay.

For example:

I’ve been eyeing that one, but the numbers don’t cross.

but good point about just searching by the part number and seeing if someone makes a part that is generic. Will try that next.

Back