Crows at the front door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: David2431
spasm3 Cool! Let me know how it works.

FWIW, I placed the decoy in an antique bird bath (we keep it dry) in the center of the yard near our dog's water bowl - kind of overlooking that area.

The owl worked!

At first i had it up against the house beside the door, and no effect. Must have something to do with their vision, perhaps it blended in with the house and did not appear 3d.

I placed it on the center of the stoop and they did not come back. I left it there for 2 days, then brought it inside, as a test.

No crows for 2 days. They returned this morning. Usually i could open the door or let the dogs out , and they would return in only 5 minutes. They would be sitting in a tree in the yard waiting. I put the owl back out and they have not returned nor do i see them sitting in the tree.

I'm wondering how long it will take for them to give up/leave. I don't want to leave this thing in the center of my stoop constantly.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Seeing a flock of 8 to 20 crows cruising up my street on an Autumn afternoon (presumably foraging) is one of the joys of my life.

I don't mind them at all , as long as they don't beat on my front door! I like hearing them kakaw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back