Crease or dent in Wix filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Idea, then we can see how much of hit these thinks can handle before the stuffing is knocked loose or the media is distorted.

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Cut it open and post some pics, always nice to see virgin filters cut open to see the pleat spacing etc....

Originally Posted By: Trav
Good Idea, then we can see how much of hit these thinks can handle before the stuffing is knocked loose or the media is distorted.

I've seen enough virgin dented filters cut. I want to see a dented run one for 10K and then C&P so we can put this matter to bed once and for all.

Originally Posted By: Zee09
Rock Auto specializes in dented filters.
Their norm!

It's the rocks.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
Cut it open and post some pics, always nice to see virgin filters cut open to see the pleat spacing etc....

Originally Posted By: Trav

I've seen enough virgin dented filters cut. I want to see a dented run one for 10K and then C&P so we can put this matter to bed once and for all.

Do it. Just take a new Mann and bash the daylights out of it and install, run for 10K cut and paste.
thumbsup2.gif

It's dented might be fine but why take the chance, I use the NAPA GOLD 1348 and never pay more than $4.00 as NAPA in my area has the GOLD Filters half off twice per year you might want to check your local NAPA Stores.
TOTO.

FWIW, I just got the replacement in the mail this afternoon. Not bad given that I went online and requested a replacement on the evening of the 2nd.

You better believe I checked this one over for dents! Looks good to me.

Well thanks everyone for your input. I should be good on filters for the next couple of years, between this and what is already on the cars.

Send it back. I had problems with Rock Auto before and do not buy anything from them anymore. That includes a dented oil filter also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back