Craftsman compressor, oil air bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would cause air bubbles or foaming? Ive change the oil over to Amsoil compressor oil. I can see air bubbles in the sight glass on top of the oil. Is this normal. The compressor only has about two hours of use before switching over to Amsoil.

I have been running the Amsoil oil for 13 years in 2 different compressors. The stuff is great.

I did not know you could hook up a sight glass? I am sure things are just fine with the compressor and fluid though.....

I would have let it break in a bit longer on the hours before switching over to Amsoil but don't sweat it.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
I have been running the Amsoil oil for 13 years in 2 different compressors. The stuff is great.

I did not know you could hook up a sight glass? I am sure things are just fine with the compressor and fluid though.....

I would have let it break in a bit longer on the hours before switching over to Amsoil but don't sweat it.

The sight glass has a red dot. You fill it till the oil reaches to the top of the dot. Its awesome stuff, im also suprised how dark it gets even after a couple of uses.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Could it be overfilled?

At first i did over fill it so i drained it and filled it back up to its proper level.

Originally Posted By: daman
Normal when it runs alot,,,,they will go away..

Thats what i thought...thanks.

Perfectly normal. If your brave, crack open the fill plug (if its above oil level.. Keep a firm grip) and you'll know why all the bubbles. =-)
[I should add, if your going to do this, wear safety glasses. Not an option.]

Alex.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back