CQ.UK 3.0 Ceramic did not last. Or did it?

Alright, now that I applied the last of what I had of the CQ-UK 3.0 what is a good maint topper? I have a half bottle of reload left, I have seal and shine, and turtle wax spray ceramic coating. I guess the reload is not well liked for its 1-2 month durability.
Flip a coin it really doesn't matter to be honest. Durability is all over the place with spray sealant toppers.

Alright, now that I applied the last of what I had of the CQ-UK 3.0 what is a good maint topper? I have a half bottle of reload left, I have seal and shine, and turtle wax spray ceramic coating. I guess the reload is not well liked for its 1-2 month durability.
It doesn’t need a topper, but you can use whatever floats your boat.

Hand Washing it a few times per month is probably your best option.

Did the job in may, and over the weekend was planning to apply the maint reload spray, come to find out the roof, hood, and deck have no beading properties at all. It appears the coating is gone. Not impressed at all. This coating has worse durability than TW seal n shine.

after 1year,(they say 6+ months) from cq lite i decided to da polish.
but when used descale soap, it looked (at least for while) the coating is still alive.

after 1year,(they say 6+ months) from cq lite i decided to da polish.
but when used descale soap, it looked (at least for while) the coating is still alive.
CQ lite and Can Coat are two products that seem to overdeliver.

The idea that you're going to get a coating to go 5+ years while retaining its hydrophobic properties is just unrealistic unless the car lives in a bubble.

It's almost to the point now that it doesn't matter what coating brand you go with. Some are no doubt better than others but most will hold up at least a year including the lower budget ones like TEC580. The new Gyeon Mohs looks good.

I'm considering trying the 3D Coating, despite the mixed reviews (Sandro). I've seen some videos lately of it and it looks very easy to use and holds up well for a 1-2 year coating. Similar to Gloss Coat in terms of ease of use. Can Coat Evo is another good one.

Ya so i would have been pretty happy if it lasted a year. It lasted since may of 22 and the roof, decklid, and hood no longer have evidence of a coating. For gosh sakes retail spray waxes last longer.

UK 3.0 lasted 14 months (ish) on my truck that receives weekly washes. OTOH, it has lasted over 18 months on my MIL's ES350 and is still going very strong.

I think the lifespan seems to be a bit shorter than 2.0, but a lot of it also depends on how long you waited to wipe-off the product.
It’s still all I’ve ever had on our Honda cars. Installed in fall 2015. With a spritz of hydro2 it keeps beading for months.

I’ve always just topped it with that.

3426997F-5868-4CCF-B34F-E0DC95D5081C.jpeg
94CF75C5-0293-49F0-8F50-05EFA72B02E5.jpeg

Granted this is CQUK 2.0, IIRC that @The Critic turned me on to back in 2015. On a new car that was decontaminated and lightly polished/prepped with optimum hyper polish at the time. It lives outside 99% of the time. This pic was tonight, it has been a few weeks since a wash.

Last edited:
I've been using waxes and sealants for over 20 years...And coatings as well....My experience says most products don't last nearly as long as the manufacturer claims....If someone tells you my product lasts 6 months, figure on 3 - 4 months..And so on

I recommend watching ScottH on youtube. He does tons of longevity tests on various coatings, sprays and what not. Unbiased, no sponsors, and uses "real world" testing that goes on for up to two years with monthly updates. He uses car hoods, left in his yard and get washed every couple weeks.

What is interesting about his tests, is there is some variability in products, as he has run multiple tests on the same product, starting months or even a year apart. Some products appear to experience batch to batch differences, and some have shorter life under different weather conditions...for example extreme heat, or lots of rain.

My own experience in Seattle is products tend to wear off first on the lower rockers, which experience a lot of spray from our frequent rain.

BTW, multiple tests on CQ UK 3.0 show around 2 years life. There are others that appear a bit better...a lot that run out in less than a year, regardless of manufacture claims or guarantees.

^^ my essence da polish + hydro2 beads tigher (this is my test for a year)
you should try that soap
CPDS50_1217x1002.jpg
Sure it would. Ive polished my wife’s van with the no cut essence in the past and it helped.

my car in the pics above was washed and sprayed with hydro2 weeks ago, sat outside, and I took the picture onna drive back from dc with a lot of road grime that you can’t see on the paint. It beaded bunch tighter when cleaner too…

Back