CQ.UK 3.0 Ceramic did not last. Or did it?

I properly applied this on may 30th 2021, and did one maint on it. Last night I washed the car and noticed there was no beading or sheeting going on anymore. How can I tell if the coating is still present.

I was supposed to be a 3 yr ceramic if maintained.

Have you been regularly washing it? It's possible some contaminants got on the ceramic coating, IE rail dust.

UPDATE:

Ok so it **just** lasted long enough to repel dirt and offer protection, but did not in any way offer any more beading or sheeting. It also did not offer any added shine, but in all fairness to the product it preserved the hard work and buffing I did last year. When freshly applied it is supposed to bead, and as it ages it will start to sheet. So 11.5 months I can say that I will not purchase this brand again. Paste waxes from collinite can last 9 months and are half the price.

Where this Carpro CQ.UK 3.0 ceramic really stands out, is that when it comes to ceramic coatings, it is very easy to apply and requires zero skill set to work with. You carefully apply it with the special cloth and block, and as easy as the directions say, it wipes off effortlessly with a microfiber. The few other ceramics I have worked with have required two people because of how critical the timing it so it does not dry too much.

I had a little less than half a bottle left so I decontaminated the paint and re-applied it and this time will top it with a maint spray every 3 months and see if I can extend the life some.

Last edited:
Did you do a full decon wash? Iron remover and a good cleaning soap like Carpro Reset.

Did you do a full decon wash? Iron remover and a good cleaning soap like Carpro Reset.

May 30th of 2021:
1.) 3 step Washed
2.) Wiped with vinegar (I never have a bottle iron remover when I need it, so this works ok but stinks.)
3.) Clayed
4.) Machine buffed with medium cut 5" foam and menzerna compound.
5.) Wiped with carpro reset to get compound off.
6.) Applied Carpro CQ.UK 3.0 cermic per directions.

May 17th of 2022:
1.) 3 step Washed
2.) Sprayed with vinegar and let sit for a while to dissolve iron.
3.) Quick washed again - he paint felt perfect and smooth.
4.) Re-applied CQ.UK 3.0 ceramic.

Yes it should have been lightly buffed this time around to remove the left over ceramic but I didn't care as much. Going to switch to glassparecny graphene. No maint at all and it will last 3 yrs doing nothing at all.

May 30th of 2021:
1.) 3 step Washed
2.) Wiped with vinegar (I never have a bottle iron remover when I need it, so this works ok but stinks.)
3.) Clayed

May 17th of 2022:
1.) 3 step Washed

Yes it should have been lightly buffed this time around to remove the left over ceramic but I didn't care as much. Going to switch to glassparecny graphene. No maint at all and it will last 3 yrs doing nothing at all.
I don't know. I've never used vinegar. I only use a paint prep or IPA. UK 3.0 is one of the best consumer coatings but it really is dependent on prep/application, maintaining it and environment.

UK 3.0 lasted 14 months (ish) on my truck that receives weekly washes. OTOH, it has lasted over 18 months on my MIL's ES350 and is still going very strong.

I think the lifespan seems to be a bit shorter than 2.0, but a lot of it also depends on how long you waited to wipe-off the product.

May 30th of 2021:
1.) 3 step Washed
3.) Clayed

May 17th of 2022:
1.) 3 step Washed

I'm exhausted just reading what you did.

Griot's 3 in 1 can last up to 6+ months in certain situations but not as long as a coating.

Many are often disappointed in coatings because they go into it with too high of expectations. Even pro coatings don't have "ideal" hydrophobic qualities after 3 years or so.

As easy as the lite coatings are to apply now (Can Coat/Feynlab/Gloss Coat in particular), they're a good consideration. I won't mess with fussy coatings. Not worth it. But the prep is key and that is time consuming.

I most enjoy Tec582 these days even if it lasts a month. I wash my car so often it doesn't matter.

I properly applied this on may 30th 2021, and did one maint on it. Last night I washed the car and noticed there was no beading or sheeting going on anymore. How can I tell if the coating is still present.

I was supposed to be a 3 yr ceramic if maintained.
my car was crap layered, pollen, sand, winter film. looks worse on black roof....
doors-wheels height; water was just flat ....
today : ironx-ls, (tiny bits on bottom corner of front doors),,,, wheels really bleeding, but not visible dirt
descale-oh wow. we´re back in business ! it glides good.
finally i dug up the cqlite under the dirt layer :ROFLMAO:
few spritz hydro2 and i will keep the polisher this year in drawer.
eraser - i did whole interior with it, best **** ever.

no experience on reset, cant compare the power.

i tried wipe dirt in one corner with echo2 last week, but maybe 80% power
it does clean but end result might be oily ... :( (good on hidden cleaning, door jambs etc)
Screen Shot 05-20-22 at 02.19 PM.PNG

Last edited:
my car was crap layered, pollen, sand, winter film. looks worse on black roof....
doors-wheels height; water was just flat ....
today : ironx-ls, (tiny bits on bottom corner of front doors),,,, wheels really bleeding, but not visible dirt
descale-oh wow. we´re back in business ! it glides good.
finally i dug up the cqlite under the dirt layer :ROFLMAO:
few spritz hydro2 and i will keep the polisher this year in drawer.

eraser - i did whole interior with it, best **** ever.
View attachment 100743

i tried wipe dirt in one corner with echo2 last week, but maybe 80% power
it does clean but end result might be oily ... :( (good on hidden cleaning, door jambs etc)

no experience on reset, cant compare the power.
Reset is a good high powered cleaning soap. I love it. But in terms of value, I think I prefer Optimum Car Wash soap.

Alright, now that I applied the last of what I had of the CQ-UK 3.0 what is a good maint topper? I have a half bottle of reload left, I have seal and shine, and turtle wax spray ceramic coating. I guess the reload is not well liked for its 1-2 month durability.

Back