Costco Warehouse Club sharing your personal information on an intimate level

Costco class-action lawsuit, All I can say thank god its not the mean, evil Walmart owned Sam's Club :)
VERY EXTENSIVE information sharing.

"The information provided to Meta included prescriptions, treatments, health insurance coverage and patient locations"

Welcome to Costco... I love you.
Yeah, Meta (aka Facebook) and Costco in bed together with deeply personal stuff. It will be interesting how Costco responds, they have 21 days.
If there is no smoking gun and a simple yes or no answer you would expect a must faster response. If it takes a while that means they are carefully crafting a response, much like, ummmmm, a politician, maybe by one of the same PR firms crafting it *LOL*

I would not be surprised if it was dismissed. The presence of Metapixel doesn't mean the information is shared with anyone other than Costco itself.

I would not be surprised if it was dismissed. The presence of Metapixel doesn't mean the information is shared with anyone other than Costco itself.
Costco has 21 days to reply.
The suit says information was shared and Metapixel was the avenue. I would assume if the information wasnt shared they would not bring the suit. We will see but I find it hard to believe if there was no smoking gun that a major firm would waste resources on this.
Time is money and they dont take cases where there is none. But granted, we will soon enough know and I suspect they will be in the wrong, we will see.

Costco has 21 days to reply.
The suit says information was shared and Metapixel was the avenue. I would assume if the information wasnt shared they would not bring the suit. We will see but I find it hard to believe if there was no smoking gun that a major firm would waste resources on this.
Time is money and they dont take cases where there is none. But granted, we will soon enough know and I suspect they will be in the wrong, we will see.
Perhaps, but I never underestimate the resolve of a starving law firm. ;)

Here we go again with the privacy "concerns". If you care about your privacy-don't have credit cards (CostCo), don't use a cellphone, stay off the Internet, don't drive an automobile, don't have any credit, do not have any bank accounts or loans what so ever, and certainly don't travel via airports.

AS someone has stated-it's a Law Firm out to make major dollars and everyone else will get a coupon for A FREE HOTDOG!

Here we go again with the privacy "concerns". If you care about your privacy-don't have credit cards (CostCo), don't use a cellphone, stay off the Internet, don't drive an automobile, don't have any credit, do not have any bank accounts or loans what so ever, and certainly don't travel via airports.

AS someone has stated-it's a Law Firm out to make major dollars and everyone else will get a coupon for A FREE HOTDOG!

But don’t eat that hotdog if you are getting your statin prescription filled at Costco. Inquiring minds would like to know if you are following doctors orders.

I have long held the opinion that as time goes on, more and more "disgruntled" Tech employees in Silicon Valley will come forward with all kinds of stories/proof that the tech giants are collecting far more data than they would ever admit and doing things with it that no one would ever dream of.

I hope I get to redeem the $5 lawsuit for 3 free Costco hotdogs. What a bargain!

Nah, it's just a cost of doing business. Their legal department would have cleared it a long time ago, they are a professional organization (hopefully).

The CIO is probably going through dozens of audits right now. I hope everything comes out okay but two of the biggest things I don't trust are lawyers and corporations lol.

Back