Costco : No More Bridgestone?

Temporarily-ONLINE. It's pretty safe to say there could be supply chain issues-along with everything else.....are they still available in warehouse-maybe.

Same thing in Canada.
Could be a pricing dispute as well. Kind of hard to believe the whole Bridgestone lineup has supply chain issues at the same time.
Seeing that with Loblaw and affiliated stores stores in Canada. Stopped carrying Frito Lay products due to a pricing dispute.

If you call you can order most tires. their website is terrible.

I waited 3months for michelin pilot as4 to come in stock
then called and they could order them for arrival in 10 days.. website still said sold out.

Same thing in Canada.
Could be a pricing dispute as well. Kind of hard to believe the whole Bridgestone lineup has supply chain issues at the same time.
Seeing that with Loblaw and affiliated stores stores in Canada. Stopped carrying Frito Lay products due to a pricing dispute.

What do you mean by a pricing dispute?

Same thing in Canada.

Good. Frito Lay has too much shelf space in grocery stores for overpriced and mediocre chips. There are plenty of regional potato chip companies that make a better product for less money than Frito Lay.

Good. Frito Lay has too much shelf space in grocery stores for overpriced and mediocre chips. There are plenty of regional potato chip companies that make a better product for less money than Frito Lay.
True-but their advertising budgets don't even come close to Frito Lay.

I've been involved in how the "sausage is made with FL". I would politely disagree with the "better quality elsewhere".
The amount of time, money and effort in making a quality, consistent product would be unbelievable to most folks.

Admittedly, FL didn't play the low price game. PepsiCo share prices would indicate that is a good strategy.

Same thing in Canada.
The 2 Costco near me really don't have a lot of space for stock (Nov/Dec there's dozens of orders strewn across the tire area that goes in to the customer service area)...I personally don't think those 2 stores carry much in stock when it comes to Bridgestone.

Wonder if Costco is teaming up with a different tire manufacturer ie Pirelli, or maybe Continental?

The 2 Costco near me really don't have a lot of space for stock (Nov/Dec there's dozens of orders strewn across the tire area that goes in to the customer service area)...I personally don't think those 2 stores carry much in stock when it comes to Bridgestone.

Wonder if Costco is teaming up with a different tire manufacturer ie Pirelli, or maybe Continental?
Based on my model they are Michelin and BF Goodrich

Based on my model they are Michelin and BF Goodrich
Michelin and BFG are the same. My local Costco still had plenty of Bridgestone.

They were testing Goodyear out at some warehouses.

With the tire makers wanting to consolidate distribution, I can see Costco making a move - they will never break up with Michelin but they also need a second tier tire to carry. I can Bridgestone making their tires exclusive to Firestone stores. Goodyear doesn’t have the same footprint anymore since they pulled out of retail ops(I remember as a kid many cities and towns had a Goodyear corporate dealer - then Rynck Tire Centers and the Goodyear Tire & Service Network). Carl Icahn is in charge at Pep Boys - and they seem to be in bed with Cooper(which is now Goodyear), Walmart is all in with Goodyear. Sumitomo owns TBC - Big O/Speedee Oil/Midas.

Michelin and BFG are the same. My local Costco still had plenty of Bridgestone.

They were testing Goodyear out at some warehouses.

With the tire makers wanting to consolidate distribution, I can see Costco making a move - they will never break up with Michelin but they also need a second tier tire to carry. I can Bridgestone making their tires exclusive to Firestone stores. Goodyear doesn’t have the same footprint anymore since they pulled out of retail ops(I remember as a kid many cities and towns had a Goodyear corporate dealer - then Rynck Tire Centers and the Goodyear Tire & Service Network). Carl Icahn is in charge at Pep Boys - and they seem to be in bed with Cooper(which is now Goodyear), Walmart is all in with Goodyear. Sumitomo owns TBC - Big O/Speedee Oil/Midas.
I personally would welcome Goodyear/Cooper at Costco any day over Bridgestone/Firestone.

I personally would welcome Goodyear/Cooper at Costco any day over Bridgestone/Firestone.
I think the only reason why Costco carried Bridgestone during their fracas with Michelin - OE run-flat applications on BMW and Toyota. Which were almost always Bridgestone.

I think the only reason why Costco carried Bridgestone during their fracas with Michelin - OE run-flat applications on BMW and Toyota. Which were almost always Bridgestone.
Costco having issues with Michelin in the past - that is news to me?

Back in 2007 when the 1st Costco opened here in WI they only carried Bridgestone...A handful of years later they started offering Michelin...While chatting with the tire manager he commented nearly 3/4 of their sales were Michelin.

Back