Cost to ship wheels today?

Been about 10 years since I last shipped a set of wheels and tires. Weigh in at 52lbs each and 18” wheels.

Anyone recommend what the best carrier is today. And are prices reasonable or have them gone utterly silly? I remember it used to be about $50/each.

PS2,

A few questions to maybe provide some input

Where are the wheels originating and what is the destination?

Are there tires on the wheels or just wheels themselves?

Are you willing to wrap the wheels yourself for transport protection?

How valuable are the wheels?

What timeframe do you need the wheels in?

I purchased four 2004 OEM Ford F350 Harley Davidson wheels that were located in Arkansas, needed the wheels shipped to Utah. I put the wheels on uship dot com. I had bids from $600- 1400 dollars, a lot of crazy hustlers and cons on uship. I finally received a bid after 45 days for $290. I guy was hauling a livestock trailer from Texas to Utah. I accepted his bid, and it worked really well for both of us. The issue with uship is a high risk of damage or the stuff never showing up. Despite what uship implies, the risk is on you if the items don't show, not uship.

Someone bought my car, and he wanted the stock wheels, he drove it across to the east coast from AZ.

Sounds like shipping isnt going to be worth it then and he should find some stock wheels local.

Reactions: GON
I had a bumper shipped via GreyHound from I think Mississippi to NY for pretty cheap but that was years back. As long as they are protected in good boxes check it. I did many things either UPS ground or FedEx ground. Don't rule out DHL and a couple others. I knew a guy that checked with moving companies, they were headed that way anyway and a couple extra boxes were no issue. When I moved from an apartment it wasn't much stuff. They put a temp wall in the trailer and moved someone's whole house at the same time including a car in the same trailer.

Plenty of sites sell oem take-off wheels and ship at low or no fees. He might be able to buy them for less that way than shipping yours.

It depends on stock. Google (brand) oem wheels xx”. I’d view by the image, then click on it. You’ll find them all over eBay and likely several take off wheel places. I have no link to provide because the inventories will vary. I’ve bought 2 sets of oem take-offs this way. A set of ford 18” wheels for around 650 total, and a set of ford 20” wheels, pieced together one or two at a time, for the same.

Back