Corvette Z06 6-sp manual Gearing Ratios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the correct gearing ratios for the Z06 Vette manual:

1st - 2.97
2nd - 2.07
3rd - 1.43
4th - 1.00
5th - 0.84
6th - 0.56
Final Drive - 1.92

Assuming the above are correct and 295/35/18 tires on the rear axle, this gives approx. 145 mph in 5th gear @ 3000rpm and approx. 217mph in 6th gear @ 3000rpm (theoretically of course), or 72mph in 6th gear @ 1000rpm. Does this seem right? Just curious? Is it really revving this low? Wow!
bowdown.gif

Specs for the standard Tremec T56 are as follows.....

1st - 2.66
2nd - 1.78
3rd - 1.30
4th - 1.00
5th - 0.74
6th - 0.50

Your specs that you posted are correct for the Z06. It's tranny is designated the M12 due to it's different gear ratios and design. Combined with the more aggressive gear ratio's of the M12 tranny and with the 3.42 rearend gears a Z06 will have the feel of having a set of 4.10 gears in the rear. Top speed of a Z06 is 174mph and is achieved in 5th gear. Your mph and rpm numbers seem off somewhat as thier is no way a Z06 would turn 145mph @ 3000 rpms in 5th gear.

From my understanding, a final drive ratio is the sum of the transmission gear ratio combined with the differential ratio. THE final, final-drive ratio being the highest transmission gear combined with the differential gear ratio.

To get the correct numbers you're looking for, you have to add the differential ratio of an M6 Corvette; 3.42, not the final, final drive ratio of 1.91 for the Z06. Looks like they need to change the terminology on that web-site.

I used a tire height of 25.5" I think a Corvette is under 26" on the rear tire. I could be wrong but the numbers do come up almost right on that way.

quote:

Originally posted by Kernel Potter:
From my understanding, a final drive ratio is the sum of the transmission gear ratio combined with the differential ratio. THE final, final-drive ratio being the highest transmission gear combined with the differential gear ratio.

That's not how I commonly see it printed. Final drive ratio is usually the same thing as the differential ratio.

So the overall gear ratio from crankshaft to wheel is:

crankshaft torque
* primary reduction (if any, usually none)
* tranny ratio
* differential ratio
= wheel torque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back