Correct U Joint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am replacing the u joints on my 2012 Colorado 3.7l. extended cab with 2 piece driveshaft which was made by Dana/Spicer.. According to the Spicer website, the u joint at the carrier bearing is suppose to be a 5-213X which comes with 4 external snap rings.

However, when removing the old u joints, the one in that area had 2 external snap rings and either c clips or nothing but the 4 8mm bolts and bearing straps similar to the 11mm bolts and bearing straps at the rear differential. It looks as though you could put two snap rings where there were none on the original carrier bearing u joint. Do I need to trade in the 5-213X for a 5-212X like the one at the rear differential. Is the Spicer site wrong?

20190608_151708.jpg

Screenshot_20190506-202445_Samsung Internet.jpg

You can use that because you only need two outer clips for the drive shaft, picture is fuzzy but it looks grooved and the tabs on the yoke hold the cups in place on every yoke like that i have ever scene.

Thank you. Is it ok to reuse the 4 bolts and 2 clamps/straps at the carrier bearing and differential? I just read where spicer says not to. I was hoping to finish this project this weekend.

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
Thank you. Is it ok to reuse the 4 bolts and 2 clamps/straps at the carrier bearing and differential? I just read where spicer says not to. I was hoping to finish this project this weekend.

I always reuse them if in good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back