COPO 427 Camaro With “Low Miles” Sells In Auction

The car is certified to run 8.50's but obviously doesn't with the N/A 470hp LSx.

Last edited:
No, Man. I think you are confusing Index Racing with ET racing. No 470 horsepower, 3300 pound car, could, ever, run an 8.50 ET in the 1/4 mile. You demonstrated this, to yourself, in your last paragraph and last two sentences............ .02.

The car is certified to run 8.50's but obviously doesn't with the N/A 470hp LSx.

Is 8.99 close enough or are those next 450 hp needed for the last half-second?
Boburka’s COPO features a naturally aspirated 427c.i. engine and he competes in the Stock Eliminator category, specifically the FS/C class. He hits four or five NHRA national events every year and another half dozen or so divisional races. The car’s best pass on the quarter-mile is an 8.99-second run at 147 mph at Maple Grove Raceway near Reading, Pennsylvania, in 2016.

I used the 8.50 number because that's what the cage is certified to, the theoretical fastest the car could ever be in the eyes of the NHRA.

Is 8.99 close enough or are those next 450 hp needed for the last half-second?

I used the 8.50 number because that's what the cage is certified to, the theoretical fastest the car could ever be in the eyes of the NHRA.
What's done to his LSx?
A stock to the tits 470hp 2019 COPO N/A Camaro isn't running low 9's weighing 3300lbs unless it's swallowing a 'hero' shot of nitrous.

I figure the car is certified to 8.50 so the owners can add power down the line if they want to go that fast.

No, Man. You are now half, right. The CAGE is rated for an 8.50 pass but the CAGE can't run 8.50 with only 470 Horsepower. Do you, really, think the Stock Eliminator Class 8.99 car, pictured in the insert you posted, is making , only, 470 Horsepower????? Got it's front wheels 1 foot in the air off the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back