cooling system tune-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer is here and I want to give my coolant a boost. Can somebody give me some pointers. Thought about using some B-G radiator treatment, anyone got any expierence w/this stuff?
cheers2.gif

Boost? What are you trying to acomplish? RMI25 is a very good cleaner and coolant rejuveinator, chaeck it out.

Check out Pencool 3000, it is what big trucks use to stabilize the coolant and it works Great in smaller cooling systems also. Large Trucks hold over 10 gallon and dont want to be replacing that much so they make this stufff which is basically a Nalcool additive. I used it in my 1994 Dodge with a 5.9(360) gas engine and after a 100,000 miles the inside of the radiator and the thermostat looked like new this is good stuff, you will need the test strips to monitor the level. I use it in all my cars and monitor it. It can be bought at ant large big rig dealership.

Use the Schaeffers clean/cool or the RMI25.
Dose either now, drive for a few weeks, change your coolant, and re-dose. Follow the bottle directions. Stick with only one additive.

What you should do is practice a reasonable coolant change or flush interval to prevent problems. Stick with name brand coolants and distilled water.

Lonnie, the difference between RP Purple Ice and Redline Water Wetter, is that Water Wetter is doing a slightly better job when antifreeze is added(think it is a 2 degree Fahrenheit difference)in your cooling system. With water only, they perform equal. In this case, I would buy the one with the lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back