Coolant Leak

Hello, I have a 94 Camry V6 and need some help finding a coolant leak. I think i know where the leak might be but need more opinions on finding the leak, The leak looks like it's coming from the smaller hose and starting from the top and dribbling down the bottom. It don't look like it could be the radiator but I could be wrong, I have pictures of the leak...Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_164655.jpg
    IMG_20210420_164655.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210420_164722.jpg
    IMG_20210420_164722.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 39
If you believe it's the suspect hose that's leaking I'd suggest taking it off to get a closer look. If you can't pin it down just by looking around the engine bay you could rent a coolant pressure tester from an auto parts store that will pressurize the system with the engine off which will make the leak more prevalent. If you can't get access to a pressure tester, just drive the car around for 10-15 minutes and going searching for the leak with the engine running.

If you believe it's the suspect hose that's leaking I'd suggest taking it off to get a closer look. If you can't pin it down just by looking around the engine bay you could rent a coolant pressure tester from an auto parts store that will pressurize the system with the engine off which will make the leak more prevalent. If you can't get access to a pressure tester, just drive the car around for 10-15 minutes and going searching for the leak with the engine running.
Thanks for replying, I think I'll get a pressure tester and go from there.

Check all the hose connectors? Unfortunately, you have to do it, there is no way for us who does not have access to the car to do it for you.

Also check some evaporated coolant, usually looks like white, green, pink (depend on the coolant color) powder clumps.

Thanks for replying, I think I'll get a pressure tester and go from there.
Auto Zone lets you borrow theirs. They basically put a hold or charge on your credit card for the price of it and remove the hold or charge when you return it. Don't over pressurize and blow your system up.

Thanks

Auto Zone lets you borrow theirs. They basically put a hold or charge on your credit card for the price of it and remove the hold or charge when you return it. Don't over pressurize and blow your system up.
Cool, I didn't know autozone rent pressure tester kits.

I just checked, The leak is coming from somewhere close to that hose. That hose is a transmission cooler line.

Back