Coolant COLOR, 2021 edition. Is there still Green? Orange, Yellow ....

Same here. Though unlikely I'd go that interval, it's a 10 year/300k mi. rated AF. If I was to choose one AF for all my vehicles, it would be Peak 10x Full Strength.
I agree ....the only other one I'd consider for all my vehicles is PGL...but the 10X Is much easier to find in concentrate form. I'd still probably stick to a 5 year change interval also.

Last edited:
And to make things really confusing for the Ford guys.
This yellow coolant replaces the orange coolant
Orange is gone
Crazy stuff

Attachments

• 8D8BE7ED-B5B2-414E-98D1-3E599D621832.jpeg
    8D8BE7ED-B5B2-414E-98D1-3E599D621832.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 11
And to make things really confusing for the Ford guys.
This yellow coolant replaces the orange coolant
Orange is gone
Crazy stuff
The MC Yellow supposedly doesn't replace the Gold (Premium Gold G-05)-but, I think it's actually the Prestone with Cor-Guard-so maybe it does! The Ford dealer added Yellow right into my Specialty Orange Transit 250 3.7 without flushing it, so I guess the Yellow must be compatible! Your head could spin just from all the Ford/MC coolants in existence now-old style green, with or without one of TWO different SCAs for diesel engines, Gold (which could also contain SCA), the other FL-22 P-HOAT Green (Mazda), Orange, now Yellow! I don't know how anyone can keep track of all of them.

Forget colors and focus on coolant formula. These days problems don’t come from engine materials being incompatible with a coolant, but with mixing incompatible coolant formulas.

If you’ve got HOAT, stick with HOAT, no matter the color. Same goes for OAT.

It’s really quite simple if you don’t look at the colors, which were introduced to create confusion and get the costumers into dealer bays, instead of quick lube shops or indys.

Another option is to do a flush and pick whatever you like or is most available in your area.

Back