Cookies disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suddenly when I shut my computer down all the cookis seem to disappear...I have to sign in to all my sites.
Running XP Pro and I've never had this problem before, just started about a week ago.
Ideas please.
Thanks Smoky

I can think of a couple things off hand.

1) security update
2)setting got changed randomly somehow.

3) you got a keylogger/malware thats stealing your passwords? and wants you to relog into all the sites?

try running malware bytes on it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Last edited:
I'm using IE8 and I'll be darned if I can find that option, looked there first before I posted. I'm sure it's something stupid I've done just can't find it.

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I'm using IE8 and I'll be darned if I can find that option, looked there first before I posted. I'm sure it's something stupid I've done just can't find it.

Hmm... FireFox has this option, so I assumed IE does too, but maybe it does not. In this case, try the malwarebytes or Spybot S&D suggestion given earlier.

Edit: reread orginal post..

so it saves passwords/cookies until reboot then flushes them..

thats wierd.. a brower based option would reset passwords when you closed the last browser window.. not on reboot.

maybe windows is damaged somehow or you got computer herpes from a bad site.. there are tons of "browse and get owned" exploits if you dont update often
frown.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back