AC Delco (Non E-core)
Wix

Basically this

Fram Ultra
Wix/NAPA Gold
Fram Toughguard
ACDelco
Mobil 1

I don't use all of the ones in this list, but if I have to create a list of 5 here you go:

Fram Ultra
OEM
Amsoil EaO
Fram Tough Guard
Purolator Cartridge (for the van)

These showed up frequently on the Top 5 lists and were available just down the road. Gonna combine it with the Motul 5W30 I got from Amazon and run it maybe 5-6K vs my usual 3K. What do you think ? I have always used synthetic oil, just not this caliber of filter. Up until now Nissan OEM, K&N, Pure One and WIX are probably the highest quality I have used.
imagejpg1-3.jpg

Originally Posted By: DutchBrad
Here is my list:
1> What
2> Ever
3> is
4> on SALE or REBATED
5> Cheap.

Current stash includes Wix, Bosch Distance Plus, Purolator Pure One, Pronto, Napa Gold, and a cut open Fram orange can of death. I cut it open to be sure no matter how desperate I got, I could not use it.
19.gif

We got a winner!!!!!

Heck, I'll even break down and use a free FRAM every now and then.

You have to remember that they are just disposable filters.

You can't put the filter on a pedestal.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I really like the AC Delco non e cores too, especially PF52

I used to love getting the ones that were made by Wix, with the silicone ADBV. I remember stocking up on a bunch of them when they had them for less than $4 at Walmart. I actually don't mind e-cores. I've had zero issues with them and the ones I've cut open looked fine.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I really like the AC Delco non e cores too, especially PF52

I used to love getting the ones that were made by Wix, with the silicone ADBV. I remember stocking up on a bunch of them when they had them for less than $4 at Walmart. I actually don't mind e-cores. I've had zero issues with them and the ones I've cut open looked fine.

I looked all over for the silicone PF52 and found none in any of my auto parts stores when i heard they were around.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
AS far as performance in the real world, that is on the road how would you know if one filter is better than another?

cleaner oil may translate directly into longer OCI, so a high efficiency 99% @ 20 microns filter should be better for the longer OCI, especially with the higher capacity if you don't have a clean engine that was neglected.

If you are doing factory OCI/FCI, you may not see much return on your investment with high end filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back