Congratulations Kyle Larson

I knew he could do it but had no idea it would be this fast. When he was suspended last year I hoped NASCAR would reinstate him. I saw him as a serious championship contender. I really thought he would end up in the SHR number 14. Congratulations to the whole Hendrick Racing number 5 team and for the hottest driver out there right now. One of many championships to come

Don

it was his championship to lose honestly...
nothing against him, but i would have been just as excited if Truex, or Elliot won...

I was mainly pumped that it wasn't Hamlin, after his hissy-fit last week...

10 races? Totally deserved. Having to win the last one?? Stupid. Think Harvick last year, Terrible format, I am a casual watcher, but used to watch them all, and attend at LEAST 2 races a year.
Mike B
YUP. Used to drive to Atlanta Motor Speedway each November for a while. Once they started getting "woke" and changing rules and doing foolish things.... lost a lot of interest. My son and I just spoke yesterday about how we can recall Jeff Gordon's 1st NASCAR race and now he is retired! Time flies. I told him I could recall when nobody ABC/CBS/NBC or any Tv would cover the Daytona 500 "live" and you had to wait until the following Monday for them to air the replay of the previous days race.

I’m glad young money won. I’m over nascar with the new woke society and the stage racing format. That all said Kyle can wheel a car like few others be it a dirt late model, sprint car or cup car. He’s a true talent.

Just my $0.02

it was his championship to lose honestly...
nothing against him, but i would have been just as excited if Truex, or Elliot won...

I was mainly pumped that it wasn't Hamlin, after his hissy-fit last week...
That was exactly how I felt watching the race. I would rather a Hendrick car win but Truex is a likable guy so I would have been good with him winning.

Through the first two stages it sure looked like either Truex or Elliott had the car to beat. Denny never really seemed to have a real shot. Larson's crew got the adjustments right and that last pit stop was off the charts amazing. I see a very bright future ahead for that team. Like the 24 and 48 teams of yore

Don

I enjoy Indy racing I think a bit more than NASCAR these days. Those open wheel machines must be a handful on the track.
It is certainly more competitive and much faster. But Kyle Larson did something nobody has been able to do for me since Dale Earnhardt died. He got me to watch more than just the Daytona 500 this year. And he kept me from falling asleep. I probably watched more Nascar races this year than I've watched in the last 10 combined.

My oldest son and I had "the NASCAR talk" this past weekend while he visited. We used to go to NASCAR races and watch with a passion when big Dale E was racing. He had real racers to go against like Davey Allison, Kyle Petty, Ernie Ervin, his life long pal Neil Bonnet , Daryl Waltrip and Rusty Wallace , Mark Martin , Sterling Marlin etc... Those days there was real intense LAP to LAP racing going on until the checkered flag dropped. We both could not even recall Sunday what all these new rules are and even who some of the top drivers are now. I don't know why but I can guess how it all went downhill the last 10 years or so. I GUESS the powers that be (you must suck up to and worship the media companies who cover sports) must have been made to tow the "woke" line and make changes to attract every person on GOD's green earth and not to offend anyone.
Attempting to attract folks across the globe (Guam/China/Africa/Holland/Easter Island) and on and on.... people who most likely could not even tell you What in the world a "NASCAR" even is?!??! Plus I am certain just like all other American sports , they are probably pricing themselves out of the realm of what plain old John Doe and family can even afford anymore. It was priced kind of at the edge of that the last years we went to races. I think the last one I watched this year was in fact the Daytona 500 and I CAN NOT even recall who won. For me really , the bomb hit when Dale hit that wall. All the air went out of it for me after that. I did try to stay interested but they are killing it.

Through the first two stages it sure looked like either Truex or Elliott had the car to beat. Denny never really seemed to have a real shot. Larson's crew got the adjustments right and that last pit stop was off the charts amazing. I see a very bright future ahead for that team. Like the 24 and 48 teams of yore

Don
Yes . At least there are a few teams left who know what its all about. A few drivers too. The new rule changes and format just took the fun out for me. Why mess with something that was not broken?

254301889_10158201947961123_65703956987468495_n.jpg

My oldest son and I had "the NASCAR talk" this past weekend while he visited. We used to go to NASCAR races and watch with a passion when big Dale E was racing. He had real racers to go against like Davey Allison, Kyle Petty, Ernie Ervin, his life long pal Neil Bonnet , Daryl Waltrip and Rusty Wallace , Mark Martin , Sterling Marlin etc... Those days there was real intense LAP to LAP racing going on until the checkered flag dropped. We both could not even recall Sunday what all these new rules are and even who some of the top drivers are now. I don't know why but I can guess how it all went downhill the last 10 years or so. I GUESS the powers that be (you must suck up to and worship the media companies who cover sports) must have been made to tow the "woke" line and make changes to attract every person on GOD's green earth and not to offend anyone.
Attempting to attract folks across the globe (Guam/China/Africa/Holland/Easter Island) and on and on.... people who most likely could not even tell you What in the world a "NASCAR" even is?!??! Plus I am certain just like all other American sports , they are probably pricing themselves out of the realm of what plain old John Doe and family can even afford anymore. It was priced kind of at the edge of that the last years we went to races. I think the last one I watched this year was in fact the Daytona 500 and I CAN NOT even recall who won. For me really , the bomb hit when Dale hit that wall. All the air went out of it for me after that. I did try to stay interested but they are killing it.
It wasn't too long ago that you had to know somebody to get tickets. Now, none of the races are near full. You see large area of seats covered. It may be that just like the NFL, they don't care about the fans, just the money being made. My first race was Martinsburg. My friends brother had season tickets. The place was packed with over 100k people. Race was postponed until the next day. On Monday it was still 75% full.

That is the day NASCAR died. There is no way he would have put up with all of the garbage changes that came in the years after.
Always during his last 4-5 years we kept talking about... He should retire and would make for a Wild Man in the both as an announcer joking and playing around with his (used to be enemy and now friend Daryl Waltrip) buddy who both were semi mechanics in younger years and know every aspect of NASCAR. I guess D.E. could NOT walk away tied with Richard Petty for Championships. No one can or will ever break Petty's win totals but D.E. most likely could have gotten another Championship under his belt. There will never be another like that man. I hated him when he started to dominate and then became a massive fan once I found out more about how he grew up and what he gave up in life to be where he was.

It wasn't too long ago that you had to know somebody to get tickets. Now, none of the races are near full. You see large area of seats covered. It may be that just like the NFL, they don't care about the fans, just the money being made. My first race was Martinsburg. My friends brother had season tickets. The place was packed with over 100k people. Race was postponed until the next day. On Monday it was still 75% full.
Yeah. NASCAR fans were REAL devoted once - "Race was postponed until the next day. On Monday it was still 75% full." WOW. No other sport.
My Uncle and family all lived within a few miles from the track at Bristol. They would tell me how tough it was to line up tickets a year in advance. Been two races a year there for ever... YET "The late summer race (the popular night-time race,) is considered "the toughest ticket in NASCAR" to obtain. So popular they expanded the seating areas for increased crowd sizes in the late 90s. My Uncle was friends with a farmer who owned a large piece of land just adjacent to the track. His story was that NASCAR tried to purchase this property almost every year for over 15 years. Last I heard he or his family would not sell. They told folks that each year for the two races they would open up and operate as a parking lot besides the track and pull in about $70,000! Kinda see why they won't sell the land. So the track that was so popular they had to add on thousands of seats that no longer are needed. Last race I watched there I noticed a large area of seats that were empty. Don't get me wrong. Not just picking on NASCAR. I blame ALL major pro sports in the USA for killing the golden goose. NFL / NBA / Baseball... they all lost track of what the fans mean to their totally obscene profit machines. They pay maniacal salaries to prima donna (some head cases) players in ranges so high they have no choice but to just keep going up up up on ticket prices. So now you have mostly older to middle age folks going in person and you have entire generations of American young who have no care or enthusiasm for the sports and rather play on the "smart phones!" That phone name to me is debatable. I bet you lose IQ points just like they used to tell us would happen with too much Tv viewing. :unsure:

Back