Confused..Changing Oil After Auto-RX Rinse Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

My first post and over the last few months,have really enjoyed the discussions on this Forum.

In July I purchased the two applications of Auto-RX for My Honda Accord purchased used with 160,000 miles.It runs great,engine seemed clean and from what known of it's previous one owner,only used *dino* oil.I'll only put about 6,000 miles per year on this car.

Currently,now in second application of Auto-RX.Originally,on 1st application,Changed filter,added RX to existed oil,Ran 800 miles (before instructions change),then changed oil & filter (Pennzoil 10w-30)for rinse cycle and ran 1,400 miles and heres my question...For second application,I did not change the oil,but only the filter and added the second bottle of Auto-RX and currently have almost 500 miles on this last application..Might add,the oil has never turned completley dark..I now realize according toinstructions on the Auto-RX site,I should have changed oil too,but there seems to be so many conflicting,I'm confused.I Plan to run at least 1,000 miles on this second application,then change oil & filter with Pennzoil again.rinse cycle for 1,500 miles,change oil/filter again,and done.Comments,Thanks

EJ,

first,
welcome.gif

I wouldnt worry too much, just contine and do what you talk about in your post. Its really a minor mistake. I have used arx and messed up in the application and it worked fine for me.

Frank will probably answer too and his answer will be the definitive one anyway.

Dan

-Replace oil filter
-Add 1st bottle of Auto-rx to exisitng oil or replace oil if it's time
-Drive 1500 miles(current instructions)
-Replace oil(use dino) and filter
-Drive 2000 miles
-Replace oil and filter
-Add 2nd bottle of Auto-rx
-Drive 1000 miles
-Replace oil(dino or syn) and filter
-Resume with your regular OCI

[ December 10, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: jeepzj ]

Frank Miller
Administrator

USA
67 Posts
Posted - 12/07/2003 : 11:55:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Auto-Rx cleaning does "NOT" take place in the rinse phase.Removing the contaminants (already liquified by the initial cleansing with Auto-Rx)
from laying on the metal parts is what the rinse does. Using a non synthetic oil with a simple additive package for this step is best. Look at it another way several photos have been posted on this board where engine parts were freshly cleaned with Auto-Rx you could have taken a rag and wiped off the particulates laying on the engine parts. Since taking an engine apart is not feasable for most of us you have to use oil to rinse off these parts. Thats why drained rinse oil and filter so dramatic in color and filter so full.

I think changing the oil after the 2000 mile rinse on the 2 bottle procedure is new. Guess these instructions continue to be developed to cover all users.

Agreed. The changing of oil and oil filter instead of just the oil filter after the 1st 2000 mile rinse is new. I'm surprized the revision date hasn't been updated.

quote:

Originally posted by TR3-2001SE:
I think changing the oil after the 2000 mile rinse on the 2 bottle procedure is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back