confused about what size wheels and tires fit?

hello, i have a 2019 ford f350 limited 6.7 diesel, NOT a dually. just a regular truck. sorry bear with me im not really a tire and wheel guy. i have no knowledge.
my truck has the r20 oem i believe all limited come with those

i want to get a dedicated set of winter tires and wheels and am wondering what size of rim and what offset fit on our trucks? and or which ones you guys recommend for winter if there is on.
i assume the bolt pattern will always stay as 8x170
however i see size the of the rim and offset can be different so i am wondering which sizes i can run? and also how do i find which size of tires will fit those rims?

please see the attachment, is that correct info? or is there somewhere else i can look for the clearest info?

thx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.40.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.40.54 AM.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 29
buying mounted + balanced snow tyres with wheels from a package from a major on-line seller is a good deal!! + since they know fitments look into upgrading to the smallest setup that works for you. besides being cheeper smaller narrower tyres are best in snow + being lighter help mpgs!!

I've found wheel-size.com, which which your image came, to be accurate. They show all 3 sizes with 40mm offset, likely accurate.

The 3 wheels listed, 17, 18, and 20 all will FIT your truck. Both 17 tires are significantly lower load rating AND SMALLER DIAMETER than the 18 and 20. I didn't look for non-OE fitments; there may be a huskier 17" available. What does the truck label specify for tires?

Just me, and lots of folks here; for winter, narrower are better, but both are 275mm section, same rim width, 8", so no preference there. Again, consider the source, taller sidewalls are somewhat better for potholes, curbs, etc. So my vote goes for the LT275/70/R18. Note that it is still about 2.7% smaller, so you'll have about a 2.7% speedometer error; when your speedometer reads 60, you'll be going 58.4. If there is a LT275/75R18 made, that would better match the 20" diameter ... I'm too lazy to check, you can.

275/65/20 is your stock size. That tire on a 20x9" wide wheel works very well. Go with a +20 or +18mm offset to keep the tire under the truck.
A negative offset will stick out and shower your truck and mirrors with slush. You could put your winter tires on the stock wheels and the summer set
on new wheels.

www.customoffsets.com

thanks so much for the replies everyone!
i decided to go with the LT275/70/R18 and im looking at wheels that will fit the only one i can find at a good price in canada is a wheel with this dimensions: 8x170, 8 x 18, with offset of 18mm

what do you guys think of this? original offset is 40 if that info is correct so this will be a bit different
as long as no cutting and hitting ill be happy if this combo fits thx!

(trimmed a little bit ...
i decided to go with the LT275/70/R18 and im looking at wheels that will fit the only one i can find at a good price in canada is a wheel with this dimensions: 8x170, 8 x 18, with offset of 18mm ...
I'm not as smart as a Ford suspension engineer, so cannot comment on the change. But, here in the southeast US, I can find reasonably priced F150 (yeah, I know they are not even similar to the F350) wheels on Craigslist very regularly.

(trimmed a little bit ...
I'm not as smart as a Ford suspension engineer, so cannot comment on the change. But, here in the southeast US, I can find reasonably priced F150 (yeah, I know they are not even similar to the F350) wheels on Craigslist very regularly.
Same in Canada on Kijiji. The lifted truck crowd will stop at the tire shop on their way home from the dealership and spend another $20,000 on
tires, wheels and suspension. After a year of taking up space, the stock tires in new condition go cheap. Sometimes dealerships sell the take-offs
from project trucks.

edit; Stuck with 17" wheels? Try 255/80/17 or 34/10.50/17 www.tiresize.com

Back