Concealed Carry Law v.s. Employer Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
Might even make the deranged think twice before pulling a stunt like that.

The deranged act logically?
LOL.gif

Oh really?
When was the last time a lone gunman went in and shot up a police station?
These people may be crazy but they're not stupid.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Might even make the deranged think twice before pulling a stunt like that.

The deranged act logically?
LOL.gif

Oh really?
These people may be crazy but they're not stupid.
12.gif

Rock is right! I might be crazy, but I'm not stupid!

"Oh really?
When was the last time a lone gunman went in and shot up a police station? "

-Good point!

The law on this issue varies from state to state. The best way to get the law is to go to your state's official state government website, then to the subsite for the legislature, and contact the firearms law expert on the legislative research and attorneys staff. Its best to make the contact by phone. Ask the staff for copies of the law on the matter. The state government website is the postal abbreviation followed by .gov, as in mt.gov for Montana.

"Rather be tried by 12 than carried by six."

Oh Man, that's a great line....
thumbsup2.gif

In the old days in Sweden you could not bring weapons in the church. To help attendance, every church built a gun room at the entrance where you could leave swords and guns. Maybe that's something for your employser too?

I'm curious. Can you carry a gun in Sweden providing you have a license to carry?

I thought we are the last for gun freedoms. I'm a firm believer in the right to carry a personal firearm.

"Bubba" in your cell block counts 13.
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Well, I still have not gotten an answer back from the Kansas Attorney General's office, so I went ahead and looked up the laws pertaining to the matter. No where does it state that one can not go onto state owned property with a concealed weapon. All it states is stated owned buildings that are posted with the sign. Looks like the Secretary of Transportation is making up her own laws. Her memo is in contradiction to Kansas state concealed carry laws. Think I will email her office to get a reply. How much you wanna bet I don't get a response back?

Originally Posted By: Forest

"Bubba" in your cell block counts 13.
LOL.gif

Still better than dead.

How much you wanna bet she might find an "unofficial" way to get rid of the troublemaker? Please let us know what it is that you are being accused of that has no relation to firearms in cars but that gets you out of the picture anyway. Sure you want to send that letter?

Originally Posted By: cos
Oh really?

I think it happened in Terminator. Not sure if he was deranged, but definately driven.

Oh, did you mean real life...sorry.

Quote:

Excerpted from recent Darwin Awards:

THIRD PLACE: (THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRST PLACE)

The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree in Washington, DC appeared to be the robber's first (and last), due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices: 1. His target was H&J Leather & Firearms; A gun shop specializing in handguns. 2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers. 3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door. 4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work. 5. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up, and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. 6. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, the police officer with a 9mm GLOCK 17, the clerk with a 50 DESERT EAGLE, assisted by armed customers, several of whom also drew and fired. 7. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. 8. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt in the exchange of fire.

Not a police station, but one officer WAS present.

hi-miler,

Who is going to find an "unofficial" way to get rid of the troublemaker? By troublemaker I guess you mean me? Its not being a troublemaker when an employee finds a workplace rule in contradiction to state law. My annual reviews at work have nothing but, glowing results. So no one can get me there. And you wanted me to let everyone know what I'm being accused of that has no relation to firearms in cars that gets me out of the picture.

For your info, there is nothing that I'm going to get accused of because theres nothing to get me on. I did get a response and it is below.

Mr. Taggs,

The language in HB 2528 is current law. Therefore, under current law, KDOT can restrict or prohibit the carrying of concealed weapons into properly posted state office buildings and by personnel policies can restrict or probibit lawfully licensed employees from carrying concealed weapons while on KDOT premises or while engaged in KDOT duties. You are correct that KDOT CANNOT PROHIBIT POSSESION OF A FIREARM IN A PRIVATE MEANS OF CONVEYANCE, EVEN IF PARKED ON OUR PREMISES.

HB 2528 was vetoed by Governor Sebelius. The Governor's veto was overrode by the Legislature. Unfortunately, the KDOT offices charged with reviewing legislation failed to notice that the veto was overrode. This was brought to KDOT's attention earlier this year. KDOT is in the process of changing policies to comply with current law.

The policy on posting KDOT premises is being rewritten to remove the posting of KDOT parking lots. In addition, SOM 2.6.1 Workplace Violence and Threats has been amended to currently reflect current law, i.e. employees properly licensed are not allowed to carry concealed weapons while on KDOT premises or while engaged in KDOT duties, however properly licensed employees are allowed to have firearms in their private means of conveyance even when those vehicles are on KDOT premises. The amended SOM is being sent through various committees for adoption.

Gelene Savage
Staff Attorney
Office of Chief Consul
Kansas Department of Transportation

Just like a thought all along, it was the Secretary of Transportation trying to impose workplace rules in contradiction to state law. Make it up as you go along, till you get caught. I never had a problem with not being able to carry concealed on state property or in state owned buildings but, when it came to no firearms in personal vehicles I knew I caught them cold. The secretary just counted on the KDOT employees being a bumbling bunch of dumb red necks that would not check into what state laws to see the truth.

Still got my job hi-miler, put that in your pipe and smoke that.

Last edited:
I'm smokin and I'm proud of you!
I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to fighting the establishment, probably because of my past experiences. When I went and retrieved my pistol to stop a shooting at my former employer, I was severely questioned and threatened by the office manager. The only thing that saved me was that there was nothing they could prosecute me on. There was still an attempt to fire me. By the way, turned out to be a murder / suicide.
At a church I used to attend, they found out I had a concealed carry permit and sent me a letter threatening prosecution if I showed up at church armed.
I consider myself to be a fairly level headed guy with 6 children.
Steve

Originally Posted By: ClawSS
Originally Posted By: cos
Oh really?

I think it happened in Terminator. Not sure if he was deranged, but definately driven.
Oh, did you mean real life...sorry.

Yeah, The Terminator occured to me, but it was too late to edit the post.
21.gif

Oh well, only in the movies, right?

My employer states that firearms are not allowed on company property . The union brought up the issue with them and they agreed to allow firearms in your LOCKED personal vehicle .
I'll take that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back