Computer speaker upgrade

I picked these up back in late winter, when Walmart was clearing them out. They are simply awesome speakers...

A pair of vintage KEF REF 101** or Sequerra Metronome 7 and
the wonderful Musical Fidelity A1 would make a nice nearfield monitor
good enough for pro mobile monitoring. Need good source quality.

Received the above mentioned speakers sooner than expected. They are fantastic. So much better than my old ones. You can actually increase the bass without muffling the other ranges. Crisp and clear. Worth the money.

Thanks to all who recommended them. 👍

Follow up on my Klipsch speakers. They sounded good but had a lot of buzzing and humming if I touched the wire or plug that went from the computer to the speakers. It was like an old sitcom trying to get the wire just so so there wasn't any noise. Thought the speakers needed better shielding or something. Yesterday morning the speakers stopped working. Plugged them in my laptop and they worked fine so something happened to sound on mobo. Tried to install an older Turtle Beach sound card that I had laying around the house but it was too old. LOL. Guess modern mobos don't accept PCI interface any more. Amazon delivered a Sound Blaster card a few hours after I ordered it and Windows 10 installed it as the default in seconds. Now, the speakers are great! They sound so much better with the new sound card.

Back