Compilation of TPMS relearning by manufacturer

Are there any inexpensive TPMS scanners available for vehicles that need to be reset by a computer? I would think there is a huge demand for it.

TPMS the great new technology that's getting worse than Hemorrhoids. I can truthfully say I'm thankful I don't have it on any of my vehicles. 🔥 🐮:poop:

Had similar experience to others. Jeep/Chrysler system self learning very easy and individual read out really useful. Subaru a pain. If you use two sets of of tires & rims on these either you get programmable/clone-able sensors and program them to the original IDs or use the ATEQ tool to reprogram each time you change tires. I did the latter because I wasn’t sure that the clone-able sensors would work with Subaru’s fussy system.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The best is still MOPAR. Cannot be fooled, put the tires wherever you want and the computer will figure them out as soon as they turn a few rotations. I've had tire shops actually try to charge me for the relearn procedure!

But they still use sensors in the wheel to communicate. Somebody’s making money on it.

My last two cars were passive systems using the existing ABS system. No sensors for the ape in the tire shop to snap. Resetting is pushing a button or navigating a menu...total of about 2 calories expended.
yes they still uses sensors in the tires, but I have the original 15 year old ones in my 2007 Jeep that work fine still!
I have not had to replace one, self learning so no reprogramming. The Subaru on the other hand is inferior, no individual read out, not self learning so you need to buy $300 of electronic tools to program it, each time you change wheels if you use snow tires like we do. Why they do this is a mystery to me but Chrysler does it MUCH better.

TPMS tool? Both VW and BMW do not require TPMS tool.
My Toyota on other hand? I just gave up. Driving with light on in winter. Considering I drive it once a week so battery does not die, it is OK.
I asked Toyota dealership when I got this POS is there any way that does not require TPMS tool, and guy literally said: take out light from dash. I did that on Tacoma.
+1 on BMW, hit "reset" drive off and forget.

2019 VW Tiguan
Air up all tires to 38psi
Go to touch screen and go to settings. Hit the tire monitor reset button and done.
You must do this when you rotate the tires too.

2019 Mini Countryman. As in the BMW report two entries above, no problem with the computer sensing and re-learning Continental-branded TPMS sensors.

We never could get the aftermarket sensors to learn on my wife's Mitsubishi, after Discount Tire broke them putting new tires on just before Christmas last year. After 6 or 7 visits to resolve the problem, they ended up putting new OEM sensors on at their expense. It may have been 8 or 9 visits for that matter. Was quite an ordeal getting TPMS working again, by the end I was thinking I might have to go buy tires from the dealer in the future. But anyway.

I use the Garmin screw ons. I just punch in the pressure and low pressure warning into my 595LM. They work like a charm!! No relearning. No removing tire to replace battery or bad sensor.
Wait what? screw on Garmin TPMS?

When I Googled it it said "not for automotive usage" but I don't see why not. I need new sensors for my Navi, after 13 years if you re-learn them it only lasts about 5 minutes and then the light comes on again.

Back