Companies making charging systems

I got curious when I remembered using free EV charging using a Clipper Creek hardwired unit. I tried looking up the costs, and it looks like they were purchased by Enphase Energy back in 2022 with all their newer products rebranded as Enphase. I guess it makes sense where they have solar systems including microinverters and power storage. Probably integrating them into their ecosystem. I suppose in the future it might include bidirectional power.

HCS_Wallplug_Hardwired%201300x867.png

Beam Global

They focus on solar powered chargers that are modular and easily mobile. I think part of the idea is to provide charging and power to off-grid areas and for disaster areas when power is knocked out.

I guess there can be a variety of companies selling these. Schumacher since 12V battery charging was their specialty. Leviton is making charging systems too.

I've got some serious electrical upgrades to get there. In due time.
After years of learning, I installed solar panels in March 2018. Turns out to have been a great decision; dumb luck as rates and rules have changed.
In Dec 2018 we got the Model 3, almost on a lark. It was not planned.

Now I am on the hunt for the Model 3 Ludicrous. But I have too many cars; 2 gotta go.

Back