Comical post on EVs

Seems like no EVs having this problem……they charge at home. Gassers desperate find gas pumps with electricity during the 48hr power outage in QC.

B2E37CDF-561D-4250-9F6B-C6E1A771C36A.jpg

Any EV charging at home during a power outage must be using a generator. That is very expensive electricity.

During the stormy months it is a prudent idea to keep your vehicles fueled up whether it’s gasoline or electric.

I always go on long road trips while my house has no power... :ROFLMAO:

I guess a lot of people do wait until they have no power to buy batteries, but we don't, so I stay home, run the generator a couple hours a day, put wood on the fire, go for a walk and hope the power stays off for another week!

Unless they don't have power...
Most folks who do charge at home most likely topped up before ice storm outages. Then even after storm during outages why so many folks driving around? Seems like most things would be closed and people would not be going into work so why any gas or battery usage at all?

Edit: I understand gas lines when there are mass evacuations like ahead of a hurricane but situations like this isn't it just prudent to hunker down at home?

Most folks who do charge at home most likely topped up before ice storm outages. Then even after storm during outages why so many folks driving around? Seems like most things would be closed and people would not be going into work so why any gas or battery usage at all?

Edit: I understand gas lines when there are mass evacuations like ahead of a hurricane but situations like this isn't it just prudent to hunker down at home?

This. Bad weather coming in? We plug the car in before. Because it’s easy to charge at home, most of the time it has more range available than the VW any given day.

The ICE/EV discussion is always interesting around outages.

Which is in better shape usually revolves around who filled up last and since the Ev's predominately charge at home at night they are usually about 80% full every morning- a pretty good head start against an upcoming outage.

Gas stations require power to pump gas and if they dont have a generator - you're out of luck.

IF they do you end up in contention with everyone in town going to the few stations with gen sets and its wait in line time- if you find one and if they have gas. They also have to have fuel - if trucks cannot get to them they quickly run out of gas.

Any EV charging at home during a power outage must be using a generator. That is very expensive electricity.

During the stormy months it is a prudent idea to keep your vehicles fueled up whether it’s gasoline or electric.

I was floored by the number of people that didnt prepare for our snowstorms.

80% of the guys running off a gas genset don't have the set or the fuel on hand to charge a car beyond a tiny trickle charge.
Most home backups can handle it pretty well.

Genset electricity is always expensive.

Back