Comcast upped my speed today

c/p from another thread:
300 down, 11 up. I pay $70 total for 250/10 with Cox. I really wish there was some more competition in this area. Cox and Quantum are the two to choose from, basically. Google Fiber is making inroads in surrounding cities and for what I pay for now, I could have a gig up and down! Cox has the biggest share and is very reliable, but they treat customers like cash piñatas with their prices here! Quantum is less expensive, but I've heard customer service is horrible if things aren't working (my sister had them).
A coworker had a friend who worked for Cox. I guess depending on what a customer was asking for, part of their compensation was denying their request. Now THAT would never be abused, would it?

Saw this today: Future broadband

They know their markets and what competition, if any, there is, and they'll negotiate or stand firm depending on the circumstances.

In my experience of ~15+ years with their internet, you should be getting 15-20% higher than the advertised speed. Depending on the time of day, yeah, you can see slowdowns, but not often. It's almost 6pm here, I pay for 300/10 service, and I get this....

View attachment 208500
I've never seen Speed Test show faster than I'm paying for.

got an email from comcast that they upped my speed. i have been paying for 200/10 and now its 300/20. You guys get upped also?
400->500. Issue is my Google WiFi cannot do better then 450 Mbps on WiFi however app test shows over 500
IMG_2995.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

Last edited:
Adelphia/TWC/Spectrum ignored me and left me at 20/2 like it was 2003. I called them and they had 300/10 for an extra twenty bucks, so I splurged.

Oddly they sent me advertisments to add video to my internet, once a week, for twenty years, but never mentioned they could make the 'net faster.

Adelphia/TWC/Spectrum ignored me and left me at 20/2 like it was 2003. I called them and they had 300/10 for an extra twenty bucks, so I splurged.

Oddly they sent me advertisments to add video to my internet, once a week, for twenty years, but never mentioned they could make the 'net faster.

The situation with Internet providers in this county is a horror show. Cable companies are monopoly capitalists. Tech nerds are servants of the devil. Regulation, gentlemen. Regulation by the federal gosh darn U.S. of A. government is what is needed. Yeah, that. You heard me.

On the other hand, some people say that my statements on the Internet are too blunt. :ROFLMAO:

Back