Colorado trucker in deadly pileup gets 110 years, gets emotional at sentencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge said no early release. She is scheduled to be released in March.

I tell my kids all the time. Drive slow through neighborhoods and when kids are around. My old boss hit a kid when he was 17 years old and delivering prescriptions for the local pharmacy. Luckily, the kid was ok.
Yes, no early release however my main point is that she only received 4 years in comparison to the truck driver in question who was/ is going to receive 110 years.

Yes, no early release however my main point is that she only received 4 years in comparison to the truck driver in question who was/ is going to receive 110 years.
Yes, good point. Are the two offenses similar. One drove past a stopped school bus and the other lost control of a semi.

One intentionally drove around a school bus. The truck driver didn't intend to lose control of the truck, he lacked the skillset to keep it under control.
I have not followed the truck driver story closely, so I could be wrong, but from what I read his criminally negligent driving of the truck caused overheating of the brakes. Even at that stage he had numerous opportunities to pull off and slow down but he did not. To me a 20 to 30 yr sentence would be fair and deserved.

I
One intentionally drove around a school bus. The truck driver didn't intend to lose control of the truck, he lacked the skillset to keep it under control.
From what I understand he didn't perform a proper pre-trip inspection that could have caught the brake problem. This is required by federal law. He also drove by runaway truck ramps instead of taking them. I have no doubt that he didn't intend to kill anyone when he got behind the wheel, but it is negligence. I don't think he deserves 110 years, but he deserves something. If a car is speeding or drinking and kills someone, everyone wants to hang them. Why is this different. Both are breaking laws and caused death from their negligence.

This one is hard, but it doesn't matter anymore because the Governor reduced his sentence to 10 years and is eligible for parole in 2026.

The husband of a famous politician just got off with no jail time for a DWI that caused injures.....he even tried to get out of it by showing his 'Police donor' card (which might be construed as bribery). The California DA and CHP seemed to try and cover up the story
by keeping video and other evidence under wraps. Anybody who suggests that "justice in America is blind" or "Nobody is above the law" is either very naive or lying...and I would think it's the latter.

Having driven over a million accident free miles after going through "training" to drive a truck I can say the majority of truck drivers released onto the roadways are under-trained and over-incentivized on speed of delivery not safety. With the major push from the idiots on the left to electrify and allow self-driving it will only get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back