Code P2247

Hey guy’s, I need a some advice on how to approach a check engine light code. The code is:

P2247 Acura Code - O2 Sensor Reference Voltage Circuit Open Bank 2 Sensor 1​

I have a 2004 Acura MDX with a 3.5 engine…Thanks
C5062615-F66E-4A6E-A599-CB0870AB656B.jpeg

Miles or kilometres on engine? drivability issues?
Quick research says it’s the A/F ration sensor, Not sure if sensor ever been replaced….254,000 miles. I had a misfire I diagnosed and fixed along with the P2247 code.

Code is saying the voltage is out of range - bank 2 (whatever bank does not have cylinder 1 - not sure on Acura) sensor 1 - which is the furthest upstream sensor.

Could be the sensor, could be wiring, could be ground. Its possible its something else but not that likely.

If you don't find any wiring problems I would replace the sensor - but don't get a jobber sensor - get a good brand - NTK, Denso, Bosch for example.

Code is saying the voltage is out of range - bank 2 (whatever bank does not have cylinder 1 - not sure on Acura) sensor 1 - which is the furthest upstream sensor.

Could be the sensor, could be wiring, could be ground. Its possible its something else but not that likely.

If you don't find any wiring problems I would replace the sensor - but don't get a jobber sensor - get a good brand - NTK, Denso, Bosch for example.
Definitely NTK, Denso or Bosch sensor. I don’t think the sensor ever been replaced….Thanks for the advice.

I agree, The rule of thumb is 02 sensors should be replaced at 100,000 miles.
I wouldn't introduce more variables until you get your code fixed - change one variable at a time until your issue is resolved. After that if you wanted to change them all then go for it.

Honestly though, 100K dates back to narrow band 02 sensors. Modern A/F or wide band heated sensors should last much more than 100K as a general rule, unless its very short trips and they never get hot enough to keep them clean.

An open in the reference circuit means that there is either an open in the sensor itself or the wiring going to the sensor. You need to figure out which one it is. You will probably need a wiring diagram to figure out which wire is the reference one.

An open in the reference circuit means that there is either an open in the sensor itself or the wiring going to the sensor. You need to figure out which one it is. You will probably need a wiring diagram to figure out which wire is the reference one.
Good information….Thanks

Reactions: wtd
Back