Clunk when turning (particularly if hitting bump)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yonyon

Where's the sense in replacing either part without first looking at them?

You won't see the split in the rubber mount without taking it out first, but you'll
see the engine going all over the place as someone takes it in and out of Park.

Originally Posted By: buickman50401
Problem solved - though fix will be a few weeks until mechanic pal can get around to it.

The sway bar is busted - clean break on the drivers side and the passenger side is starting to let go. While we were looking it over, my mechanic friend checked the tie-rod ends. They're starting to get worn to the point that he said probably around another 10k mi one if not more will need replacing.

So, I'm ordering the sway bar kit, and 4 new (inner and outer) Moog tie rod ends from RockAuto. Total with shipping is only $221 and he's doing the work for free since I take care of their "computer janitoring" needs and have been helping him remodel his bathroom.

Gotta love the barter system.

Originally Posted By: buickman50401
Problem solved - though fix will be a few weeks until mechanic pal can get around to it.

The sway bar is busted - clean break on the drivers side and the passenger side is starting to let go. While we were looking it over, my mechanic friend checked the tie-rod ends. They're starting to get worn to the point that he said probably around another 10k mi one if not more will need replacing.

So, I'm ordering the sway bar kit, and 4 new (inner and outer) Moog tie rod ends from RockAuto. Total with shipping is only $221 and he's doing the work for free since I take care of their "computer janitoring" needs and have been helping him remodel his bathroom.

If you haven't already, make sure that the replacement is a solid bar. The ones that I've installed have came with bushings and links too.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric

If you haven't already, make sure that the replacement is a solid bar. The ones that I've installed have came with bushings and links too.

Doorman is the only one that the local stores and rockauto carry. Its solid and comes as a complete kit with all the bushings and links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back