Clogged Kitchen Drain

Seeing the picture again you are saying the whole thing is cemented pvc pipe all the way into the wall? In that case maybe spend the money and have a plumber replace it all. Including the water supply fittings.

I paid for 3 professional snake jobs, one guy snaked it all the way to the sewage facility in the next town over, and no I am not kidding.
But the dang clog kept coming back.

Root case - instead of just cleaning I opted to do root cause, I tore up my dry wall and look, I was going to run a camera down but I was mad, I had to see what flip was going on.

Tearing the dry wall I found I had a sharp turn and pipe had a reducer (don't ask).

Bells, nuclear bombs started going off in my little brain.

I keep the bend clean using the insta clean and boiling hot water few times a year and right after salmon season and I have not had a clog in 10 years!

I would suggest - RUN a camera, you can buy a cheap endoscope camera from amazon, they are waterproof and comes with 30 ft usb line. you can zip tie to your snake and run it down and see if you have jimmy hoffa clogging your pipes.

OP, did you get it unclogged? Did you have to call a plumber? ENQUIRING minds want to know!
21.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
OP, did you get it unclogged? Did you have to call a plumber? ENQUIRING minds want to know!
21.gif

Clog has slowed down, but not completely removed.

Still planning to do as a DIY tonight with Insta clean overnight and boiling water recipe....

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
21.gif

Clog has slowed down, but not completely removed.

Still planning to do as a DIY tonight with Insta clean overnight and boiling water recipe....

IMO, that's just putting a band aid on the problem. If you want it done correctly, do as I suggested, or use a snake as others have suggested. That, or call a plumber.
I'm telling you, you're either going to have to go down the vent stack on the roof or remove the clean out under the sink and go in that way.

Clog was in the pipe going into the wall.

Overnight instant power, boiling water and lots of plunging took care of it. Filled the sink 4-5 times and super smooth draining. Thank you all
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Clog was in the pipe going into the wall.

Overnight instant power, boiling water and lots of plunging took care of it. Filled the sink 4-5 times and super smooth draining. Thank you all
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
banana2.gif

Back