Cleaning a PCV valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Mazda AZ is a rebadged Suzuki, I'd be trying to get the PCV from a Suzuki dealer/ parts dealer. Even at $20
its a one time expense.

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue V6 3.5L. I want to change /clean a PCV valve but i have no idea where it locates. May be this engine (Honda) does not use the PCV valve.

help!
thanks for the link, but I looked all around (I have the $20 OEM PCV from my dealer)...what do i have to take off to find this thing????

Random update. Got a PCV valve from a mid 80's Toyota I think at NAPA auto parts when I went home for Christmas. I installed it tonight, and my blue smoke seems to have stopped.

LOL! These is indeed one (PCV valve) on gen 7 civic (D17A1, etc.) It's hidden behind the back of the engine near the timing belt side. It's all metal and calls for 17mm or 19mm wrench to break free. Dealer wants 35CAD for one and most aftermarket sellers aren't aware of it.

The way it works out thou: aftermarket parts counter monkey cannot find it, they then make up stories that your car simply doen't need one (yeah right! so much for the bad rep for parts monkeys).

Well, that brings back fond memories of me fighting the local Nissan dealerships RE: no PCV valve in their 90s line of vehicles....

Q.

Originally Posted By: Matt_S
I'd use brake cleaner myself. It's a stronger solvent than carb cleaner and evaporates cleanly.

X2 i cleaned my gf's 05 corola pcv the other month and i used brake cleaner and you should see the gunk come out of that thing! it took about a half a can for it to come out clean. the car has 96k miles on it and the pcv has never been replaced or cleaned till then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back