Cleaned up my mom's Terrain today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents purchased a black 2017 GMC Terrain earlier this week, I told them I would be glad to take over care of it to try and keep it in good shape. It will be outside 24/7 in Florida so conditions clearly are not conducive to longevity of the paint. My goal today was to wash / polish (NuFinish) / clean wheels, and fully detail the interior. During the wash a thunderstorm arose, so I had to pull the Terrain under my carport and finish working on it there. Lighting was terrible under the carport so I decided not to polish with my dual action, and simply apply a coat of "wax" by hand. I ended up using NuFinish on the roof and hood, and Meguiars Ultimate Liquid wax on other body panels. I also topped the wheels with Optum Optiseal.

As for the interior, I simply cleaned and applied 303 to the dash, doors and all plastic and vinyl surfaces up front. I also spot treated the fabric on the seats with Woolite/water mixture.

Next time I get my hands on it I plan on polishing with my dual action and Nufinish, and giving the interior a more thorough detail.

Here are some pics:

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

Originally Posted by gathermewool
One of the few GM products that looks a decade old today.

Good on you for helping them maintain it.

I don't find it to look dated, I feel the design will age well. Plus it's slightly unique, not like every other crossover on the road.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Oh look another thread where we bash gregk24 for not getting a Mazda or Subaru.

I haven't seen any bashing on this thread...yet. I have had a little time behind they wheel and like it quite a bit! It has a well balanced ride, very quiet as well. Anyone who wants to say "should have bought ______ instead needs to understand it wasn't their choice to make or their money to spend.

Originally Posted by gregk24
Anyone who wants to say "should have bought ______ instead needs to understand it wasn't their choice to make or their money to spend.
Should have bought a Crown Vic with RT43s and Pennzoil under the hood. This thing is just gonna implode and kill everyone within a 50 feet circle. /s

The Terrain has beautiful lines. I love the overall shape and body style. I like how it just all perfectly flows. The all black body, silver wheels, and red taillights just fit together perfectly.

Excellent choice!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
The Terrain has beautiful lines. I love the overall shape and body style. I like how it just all perfectly flows. The all black body, silver wheels, and red taillights just fit together perfectly.

Excellent choice!

I agree. Hope it serves them well for years to come.

I have to agree, it looks at least 10 years old. Although I have to say the same about Subarus too...

Greg, I look forward to your updates keeping that black paint in shape. Black looks so great, the day it's washed. But I know if anyone can keep it looking great it's you.

Originally Posted by Nick1994

I have to agree, it looks at least 10 years old. Although I have to say the same about Subarus too...

Greg, I look forward to your updates keeping that black paint in shape. Black looks so great, the day it's washed. But I know if anyone can keep it looking great it's you.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My parents like the styling, as do I. After all, trendy designs are typically the ones that end up looking dated shortly after they come about. Can't help but think of swoopy Hyundai's. I think this will look good years down the road.

Rest assured I'll keep the BITOG crowd updated with my details.

It is an old design, but so what? I think it looks good, too. I like the Terrain look better than the 2010 Equinox I had, or the new ones. Good on you helping them maintain it.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Not like a Subaru Forester looks intergalactic …

LOL

Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back