Cleaned/detailed the Elantra dash interior today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Einszett Tiefenpfleger, which gives a rich but subtle, non greasy shine, which I like...
The pics really didn't capture the full effect, though..(it was a quickie today, didn't have much time to clean/detail as well as I wanted, but pretty happy with results..)

PICT0151.jpg

PICT0148.jpg

PICT0144.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Not a big fan of the steering wheel cover, but otherwise, looks nice!

yeah i know - it sucks - going to get a better PLAIN one; The stock wheel is plastic and very slippery and too thin, so a steering wheel cover makes a HUGE difference in this car - but i do need to find a better one...will upgrade soon.

Last edited:
Good job on the detailing.

As a side note, the pictures really show what a long way Hyundai has come since 2002. Their interiors today feel much more modern than the ones from your car's era. The pictures really show how quickly that interior design becomes dated.

True- this is a 2003.
However, it still looks very clean and uncluttered, and my wifey loves how clean and clear the gauges are and how simple, but tasteful the dash/climate control area is.
controls are within easy reach, and laid out very nicely.

the fact that it may look "dated" i agree-BUT there's a certain amount of functionality and simplicity we like about it.

oh, and the materials are pretty good, too - no creaks or cracks or fading at 149k miles

Last edited:
The interior/dash looks almost identical in design to the '90 Toyota pickup my dad used to have. Maybe not identical, but it has the same feel, styling cues.

That interior design looks just fine to me. Plain and simple and easy to live with. Many new cars have too much shiny [censored] all over the dash for my tastes -- one reason VW's continue to appeal to me.

Originally Posted By: hillclimber
Many new cars have too much shiny [censored] all over the dash for my tastes -- one reason VW's continue to appeal to me.

Many VWs have a fair amount of the "shiny [censored]" nowadays, too...

VW-Passat-CC-interior-2-lg.jpg

163_0806_03z+2009_VW_tiguan+interior_view.jpg

Many new cars have too much shiny [censored] all over the dash for my tastes -- one reason VW's continue to appeal to me.

VW-Passat-CC-interior-2-lg.jpg

163_0806_03z+2009_VW_tiguan+interior_view.jpg

I can't stand fake wood. Sometimes it's done very well and almost looks real but the vast majority of cases they look very fake.

I see it's got the same [censored] cruise control switch as in my A6. Why can't they (Germans) adopt a simpler system like what the Hondas have is beyond me.

Yeah, I knew someone was going to call me on that even as I was typing it out. Doh. Anyway, I guess I was thinking along the lines of the new Golf which I believe it still pretty plain.

Yeah, I knew someone was going to call me on that even as I was typing it out. Doh. Anyway, I guess I was thinking along the lines of the new Golf which I believe it still pretty plain.

Sorry. Didn't mean to give you a hard time. Those interiors are still pretty good compared to some of the other ones currently on the market. I do prefer the slightly older VW/Audi interiors though.

Sorry. Didn't mean to give you a hard time. Those interiors are still pretty good compared to some of the other ones currently on the market. I do prefer the slightly older VW/Audi interiors though.

No prob. I'm with you on the older VW/Audi interiors.

Not a big fan of the steering wheel cover, but otherwise, looks nice!

changed the st. wheel cover with a new one - it feels really nice :)

the flash makes the rest of the wheel look light and dirty, but the whole dash/wheel looks a lot better in natural light...
elant-dash003.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back