claybar my glass ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
got a mothers kit with 2 claybars

PHENOMENAL results on my 03 ute, which i had always thought was immaculate

but the door glass and rear window have little whitish marks on them like watermarks

what's the best way to remove them please ?

Clay bar should work fine. You could also use #0000 super fine steel wool and a glass cleaner, or a liquid glass polish. Try the clay first as you have it on hand. It will probably work fine.

I would try washing the glass with household vinegar first. Maybe wet some paper towels in vinegar and spread them on the glass for little bit first.

Was this after you used the claybar? Have you tried washing the windows with soap and water? Using a glass cleaner? Sometimes when I clay windows and don't use enough lubrication, it'll develop white spot areas where the clay stuck to the glass.

For claying glass would you use something like windex for a lube? I would think that would work well, although I've never clayed glass.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
For claying glass would you use something like windex for a lube? I would think that would work well, although I've never clayed glass.

I always use the normal detail spray. It is slipperier than glass cleaner and wipes off clean. You could always follow up with a glass cleaner to remove any residue, if you want to.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I always use the normal detail spray. It is slipperier than glass cleaner and wipes off clean. You could always follow up with a glass cleaner to remove any residue, if you want to.

+1

I always used Meguiar's quick detailer spray.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Clay bar should work fine. You could also use #0000 super fine steel wool and a glass cleaner, or a liquid glass polish. Try the clay first as you have it on hand. It will probably work fine.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back