Clay bar then TW ICE seal n shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
The 02 Xterra on loan to daughter needs some attention and I plan to clay bar it and instead of the usual Collinite 845 I'm going to use Turtle Wax ICE Seal n Shine. I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer to lube the clay bar am wondering if it's OK to apply the TW ICE over the Quik Detailer? If not how would I strip it?

should be ok but if you really wanted to strip, many people use dawn as a stripper (zaino people used to say use dawn) personally i would spray and then keep out of the elements for a day or so the after then next wash reapply since or use their ice spray in the blue bottle for follow-up

I used dawn to strip the 300, then clay bar, then Shine and Seal, it came out great! Time consuming, but shouldn't have to clay it next time.

Originally Posted by gregk24
I would wash in between claying and applying Seal and Shine.

+1. I do.

Claying always leaves a little debris and oil on the finish. Another quick wash is smart before any wax or sealant.

you can always do a wipe down of the car with isopropyl alcohol after claying...it probably takes a whole 5 minutes to do an entire car...very easy and good way to remove residues.

Last edited:
I know it's done now, but I think it's a very expensive way to clay like that. I prefer to use my clean wash bucket with the suds leftover from the wash to clay. Dunk the clay bar into the bucket and clay away, the car is already wet from the wash so It's just as good, if not better. Plus, you don't get any questions of residue from a dedicated clay lube / qd spray.

Originally Posted by geetar
I know it's done now, but I think it's a very expensive way to clay like that. I prefer to use my clean wash bucket with the suds leftover from the wash to clay. Dunk the clay bar into the bucket and clay away, the car is already wet from the wash so It's just as good, if not better. Plus, you don't get any questions of residue from a dedicated clay lube / qd spray.

It doesn't work that way in the desert SW. You wash, rinse, and dry as quickly as possible or you're going to have water spots. It's very dry here. Not terribly expensive, a bottle of the detailer is around $6 and I get 4-5 clays out of one so not breaking the bank.

The IA wipe is a good idea as you wouldn't have to dry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back