Chrysler Dodge Jeep Good News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we should have a good news thread for Jeep , Chrysler , and Dodge stories/news/ topics .

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070305/BUSINESS01/70305014/1014/BUSINESS01
Chrysler's sales jump outside North America
March 5, 2007

By TIM HIGGINS

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

Chrysler Group reported today that its February sales outside of North America jumped 9% compared to the same month last year.

The company sold 15,194 vehicles outside North America last month, giving the company 21 consecutive months of sales increases in that market.

Much of the increase came from higher sales in Europe and Asia, the company said.

Outside North America, the Dodge Caliber has been the top selling vehicle for the company since January.....................................................................................................................................................................

“The global success of Dodge Caliber shows us that there is a significant group of customers in European and international markets who are attracted to the bold and unique characteristics of the Dodge brand,” Thomas Hausch, executive director of international sales and marketing at the Chrysler Group, said in a statement.

In addition, the company reported that sales of the Chrysler 300C outside North America jumped 57% in February, compared with the same time last year

Zis ist vezzzy gut newz......danke fur zist pozt...
grin.gif

Good news? If selling only 15,194 vehicles total in markets which include China (which is quickly becoming the second largest market after the USA) and Germany (currently second largest) is good news, then I don't even want to hear the bad news.

Quote:

Good news? If selling only 15,194 vehicles total in markets which include China (which is quickly becoming the second largest market after the USA) and Germany (currently second largest) is good news, then I don't even want to hear the bad news.

The BAD NEWS is over at Ford...they sold both of their cars last month........
laugh.gif

Chrysler has tried really had to screw up Jeep. They have come close but no cigar. Jeep is a cash cow they just can't kill...........yet. If they keep coming up with these new kinder and genteeler models they just might sink the ship. People have said there is no way Jeep can fail as a brand. They must not have seen Chrysler at work.

I drive Dodge trucks ONLY!! I am glad to hear this bit of good news. My Dodge trucks have NEVER left me stranded or required any major work. Just the maintenance and wear items. Good reliable tough trucks. IMHO.
cheers.gif

I'm shedding mopar blue tears as we speak...wonderful news. Dodge Caliber is an excellent choice.
beer2.gif

Quote:

I drive Dodge trucks ONLY!! I am glad to hear this bit of good news. My Dodge trucks have NEVER left me stranded or required any major work. Just the maintenance and wear items. Good reliable tough trucks. IMHO.
cheers.gif

+1 on Dodge trucks. My experience has been excellent as well. I really miss my Hemi! I just couldn't afford to keep feeding her.

I have the 4.7. I love this engine. Tough and reliable. I have read about the new 4.7 that is coming out. 300 HP and 3 valves per cylinder. Iam going to keep an eye on this motor!

I just bought a new RAM 1500 with a 4.7 The experience has been great so far. Comfort, power and very quiet in the roomy cab.

I've had good service from my '01 Dodge Ram 1500. Wife has an '03 Durango 4.7 and it's never been to the shop out of warranty for anything except maintenance. Only problems with it were rough idle (fixed w/computer flash) and electric lock solenoid replaced on hatch. Both done under warranty. Durango sucks gas like a pig, though. Only gets 16 mpg avg.

Just purchased a Jeep SRT8 in December. Wow what a
vehicle!! Solid, fast, handles like a sports car.
Milage not great.
Whatever suspicions I had about Chrysler products
are dissapearing fast as this is really a great
car. Very good dealer also.
Craig

My new 1999 Jeep Cherokee was my first Chrysler product.At 210,000 miles I have yet to change any mechanical componant waterpump,rad,bearing etc.I then purchased a new 01 TJ and love that thing also over 100,000 miles.My son is going to colledge this fall and he wants a Cherokee also...a used one is in the works right now.So far good stuff!

Quote:

cheers.gif

tell that to my cousin with a burned out tranny again.
and the guy he knows that was stranded last week a state away with the same problem.

I've owned mostly Chrysler products since 1980. Before that GM and Ford equally. The GM vehicles were always problem prone. At the time, I was convinced that it was normal to spend the first 6 mos. of ownership getting the bugs out! The Fords I've owned, I really can't complain much about. I've owned 3 Japanese brand cars over the years; a Subaru, a Mazda, and an Isuzu. The Mazda was a good car. The Suby and Isuzu were very problem prone, especially the Isuzu. But I keep coming back to Chrysler products because I can't remember the last time I've had to do anything other than routine maintenance on them. That's been my experience which is 40 years of driving!

Iam sure the Lifetime warranty had alot to do with it, if its avaiable outside the U.S. I got the warranty on my truck, you cant beat it, the lifetime warranty even has free towing and first day rental up to 7 days. Everyone Ive talked to who were in the market for a new car went to Dodge for the lifetime warranty. That warranty is selling cars, now who takes it over when they sell out? Who knows.

Chrysler makes too many gas guzzlers, and are completely out of touch with what America really needs. In today's Los Angeles Times this article http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-gas27dec27,1,1807305.story which suggest that the nation may see near $4 gas this spring.

What is it about these big guzzling Chryslers, Fords, and GM's that keep America seduced even as it is approaching $100 to fill many of those tanks? And most of those trucks, jeeps RARELY are fully utilized for their power and carrying capacity.

In these days of high gas costs, inflation, and the cost of what it takes to keep a family housed, educated, clothed and such, how can so many Americans have "room" in their budgets for such extravigance?

I for one am certainly NOT impressed with the up-tick in Chyrsler's sales....when is Chrysler going to come out with more cars that get 35+ MPG in the city to truly compete with the Korean makes and the Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit?

When are American's going to wake up, wise up and get real?

Originally Posted By: lovcom
When are American's going to wake up, wise up and get real?

When people stop graciously handing over their money for the cars and trucks they're making now.

The Japanese and European brands aren't necessarily "more in touch with the times." They've just had their success in the small car markets while the American brands have their success in trucks, SUVs and large cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back