Chrysler 300C SRT8 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is encouraging, thank you. Will watch. We do not care about the name. Main differential is quality of service, names do not matter.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chrysler-300c-srt8-first-drive-review.html

Now this is what Chrysler needs.

They need a useless, over priced, sedan that gets horrible MPG?????

IMHO, Chrysler needs to throw the white flag up, and go a total new direction.

If im spending that kind of cash. Im getting a BMW 5 series, a Mercedes E class, Lexus GS, Infiniti M, Jaguar XJ, or a Audi A6. All of which are built 10 times better, have better standard features, get better MPG and drive better.

Anyone saying to themselves " I wanna go really really fast in an American made sedan" is going to get the Cadillac CTS-V. . . .

Chrysler NEEDS to focus on what AMERICANS want. Cheap, good quality cars that get good MPG and drive well.

All of the above is just my opinion. I know there are some people out there that love it. That's all good. For we are all different snow flakes!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: silverrat
At least with the resale value you can find it for $24k in a couple years used.

I`m sorry, but that was funny. I like Chryslers too, but that is how it is. Mercedes doesnt hold value that well either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: silverrat
At least with the resale value you can find it for $24k in a couple years used.

I`m sorry, but that was funny. I like Chryslers too, but that is how it is. Mercedes doesnt hold value that well either.

Its like that on Cadillacs Ive seen as well. Something like a DTS that was stickered at close to $70,000 CDN new going for 29,900 3 years later.

to: steve i have nothing against the new so called 300. i HAVE drove them they are a fine car. i would like to have one. but i need a pick up. i have nothing against people that like the so called 300s, they ARE fine cars. but i just can NOT buy the idea that they REAL 300s.

Originally Posted By: morris
to: steve i have nothing against the new so called 300. i HAVE drove them they are a fine car. i would like to have one. but i need a pick up. i have nothing against people that like the so called 300s, they ARE fine cars. but i just can NOT buy the idea that they REAL 300s.

Well then you can stick with your "REAL 300's", and the rest can progress..

Get over it..
smirk.gif

I will take a fake 465 HP 300 with better safety, better brakes, better handling, better gas mileage over a real 300HP 300, but in the end it comes down to buy what you like & like what you buy. but that’s just me.

Montrose

Originally Posted By: rg200amp

All of the above is just my opinion. I know there are some people out there that love it. That's all good. For we are all different snow flakes!
grin2.gif

Exactly, it is your opinion.
In MINE,
Anyone who loves American muscle cars, the thrill of slam you in the seat acceleration, who know they will never see a slalom, skidpad, track or Autobahn, will never consider those cars you mentioned above.
Don't forget the Mopar muscle lovers out there.
American muscle cars are just that. They are not supposed to be a Mercedes, Lexus or other "Luxury" brand car ( That in the same price range will be a boring mid size car, Their "Real sports models" are $55-60K+).
Going from 0-60 QUICKLY< having room, killer wheels and looks (Distinctly American Muscle)still have a following which is growing with the younger generation who have never felt that kind of ground pounding power and torque.

American cars got less popular when they became slow, sluggish and less dependable with all the anti smog stuff.

The little high revving foreign cars became more popular because with a few mods they were fast.

Now you can get looks, size and power right out of the showroom and you can stretch out again without folding the seat back to the rear seat.

The new American muscle cars don't have the same (As a car reviewer once said, I don't remember the name unfortunately) "used bar of soap styling"

Chrysler NEEDS to focus on what AMERICANS want. Cheap, good quality cars that get good MPG and drive well.
grin2.gif

[/quote]

I DO agree that Chrysler should ALSO expand their entries into the smaller, fuel efficient car segment for those that are in the mainstream market.

Chevrolet did it with the Malibu and Cruze, Ford with the Focus and Fiesta and they are doing very well.

Lets keep in mind that many Americans are, or are becoming American Muscle car fans.

In my area, there are so many newer; Chargers and Challengers you wouldn't believe it! The new Camaros are moving in rapidly also. The Mustang lovers seem to be sticking with their Ponies. The ex- small foreign car drivers are the ones that seem to be buying the newer Muscle cars. There are only a few SRT8 (Mopar), GT (Ford) or SS (Chevy) models around. Mostly the RT /RS etc, 6 cylinder models. Remember, many of the new 6's have over 300hp and get decent mileage, so they give you the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted By: johnachak
Originally Posted By: rg200amp

grin2.gif

Exactly, it is your opinion.
In MINE,
Anyone who loves American muscle cars, the thrill of slam you in the seat acceleration, who know they will never see a slalom, skidpad, track or Autobahn, will never consider those cars you mentioned above.
Don't forget the Mopar muscle lovers out there.
American muscle cars are just that. They are not supposed to be a Mercedes, Lexus or other "Luxury" brand car ( That in the same price range will be a boring mid size car, Their "Real sports models" are $55-60K+).
Going from 0-60 QUICKLY< having room, killer wheels and looks (Distinctly American Muscle)still have a following which is growing with the younger generation who have never felt that kind of ground pounding power and torque.

American cars got less popular when they became slow, sluggish and less dependable with all the anti smog stuff.

The little high revving foreign cars became more popular because with a few mods they were fast.

Now you can get looks, size and power right out of the showroom and you can stretch out again without folding the seat back to the rear seat.

The new American muscle cars don't have the same (As a car reviewer once said, I don't remember the name unfortunately) "used bar of soap styling"

want to get fully planted in your seat----dude you need to drive a Z06--everything else pales in comparison, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back