Chrisfix peddling cheap ratchets.

Update on my warranty fiasco with Snap-On. They sent me five screwdrivers various configurations to replace the three broken ones. All were the wrong size even after I had supplied pictures with a ruler for reference. They did send me a proper replacement for the broken 3/8" drive extention and a nifty ratchet repair kit for my 1/4" drive. I will still say Snap-On makes quality tools.

BTW I watched a Chris Fix interview. He wears a full face helmet and is very open about why he keeps his identity a secret. Lots of people in New Jersey where he lives know who he is and can identify him but respect his privacy. He has a tremendous following. I know nada about his tool endorsement.

Update on my warranty fiasco with Snap-On. They sent me five screwdrivers various configurations to replace the three broken ones. All were the wrong size even after I had supplied pictures with a ruler for reference. They did send me a proper replacement for the broken 3/8" drive extention and a nifty ratchet repair kit for my 1/4" drive. I will still say Snap-On makes quality tools.
Did you provide them with part numbers of each individual screwdriver?

I was looking at stuff on Temu and saw similar tools. Temu wont get a penny from me.

Buy what you want. I wouldn't get these, but I have had USA made craftsman ratchets in a kit my dad bought me when I started wrenching on whatever junk car I brought home in the 90s. Chris fix did put out some decent content in the past, though these days good stuff is few and far between.

Did you provide them with part numbers of each individual screwdriver?
No I couldn't the handles were broken. I did give them a photo which reasonably identified the type, phillips #1 and #2 and length. I'm not carping about this. They did the best, I suppose, they could. I'd still buy Snap-On tools if I need more.

I started off watching guys like Chris fix and ETCG but thats when they fixed cars. I liked watching them fix various cars. Now that they are popular its about projects and this and that., I dont care about your hummer or mustang. I want to see you bleed a clutch on 12 different vehicles.
for me though, cars are out. its all about chainsaw videos at the moment.

No I couldn't the handles were broken. I did give them a photo which reasonably identified the type, phillips #1 and #2 and length. I'm not carping about this. They did the best, I suppose, they could. I'd still buy Snap-On tools if I need more.
Did you go on the website and sort thru their catalog? It is possible that exact replacements no longer exist. But if they do and you provide them with the part #'s, I'm sure they'd honor it.

I started off watching guys like Chris fix and ETCG but thats when they fixed cars. I liked watching them fix various cars. Now that they are popular its about projects and this and that., I dont care about your hummer or mustang. I want to see you bleed a clutch on 12 different vehicles.
for me though, cars are out. its all about chainsaw videos at the moment.
This is why Eric at South Main auto is about the only guy I watch now. Plus, he's an absolutely genius diagnostician-- Greg House eat your heart out-- and it's very educational to even someone pretty knowledgeable about cars.

What is the problem?

Where's the evidence that they are "cheap" ratchets? The burden is on us to obtain a set, disassemble them, and compare the craftsmanship and quality to similar ratchets (materials, mechanisms, ratchet play, etc.) Simply comparing on-paper specs of similar items online is not a true comparison. After that we can criticize the value proposition, if necessary.

Finally, I would expect Chris to make profit on this investment. Purchasing a large quantity from a tool suppliers (probably thousands), having the custom logo and case fitted, drop-shipping it to a distributor in the US (that is likely going to want a %), and at the end of the day hoping they all actually sell.

Last edited:
I've watched ChrisFix channel plenty of times and his videos have helped me check many things on the vehicles I help take care of...I take what he sells and shows with a grain of salt as I do with much you find, especially today on the errornet...good luck with your choices

Bill

Back