Chinese Valvoline VR1 Racing Synthetic SAE 20W-50 Motor Oil

Attachments

• 8AA927DB-890B-4931-9E05-4F1F0282D09E.jpg
    8AA927DB-890B-4931-9E05-4F1F0282D09E.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 40
Wonder if this is a legit oil from Valvoline in the US?
email the seller through eBay and ask for details. If an eBay seller sells something that is not as described in the eBay ad, you can get a refund or the seller must pay for return shipping and also give a refund.

I am a prolific buyer and seller on eBay and can smell out a legit or shady seller from a mile away. This one does not pass the smell test.
First, look at the other stuff he's selling: FritoLay cheese dip, wireless bluetooth meat thermometers, starbucks coffee, watercolor paint sets and shower heads? What would this place be doing with a couple cases of Valvoline VR1 Racing oil? And then think about the transportation costs to ship it to the USA...no way this could be authentic product. It is most likely counterfeit...and the Chinese are very good at that.

You do have the safety of the eBay guarantee to protect you...but this really isn't worth bothering over.

Only 1 feedback? I'd run away as fast as possible from that.

You really have to watch eBay sellers even when it says it's located in the United States, I bought some flash drives that took an extra week to receive all because it came from China first then once it got here they covered the shipping label with a USPS one but you could literally see the Customs label and Chinese language underneath. I left negative feedback but the seller still denied the claims and said it shipped from the US.... then why the extra week in shipping time? I wrote to eBay about it but evidently it falls on deaf ears, as long they get their money it doesn't matter.

I am a prolific buyer and seller on eBay and can smell out a legit or shady seller from a mile away. This one does not pass the smell test.
First, look at the other stuff he's selling: FritoLay cheese dip, wireless bluetooth meat thermometers, starbucks coffee, watercolor paint sets and shower heads? What would this place be doing with a couple cases of Valvoline VR1 Racing oil? And then think about the transportation costs to ship it to the USA...no way this could be authentic product. It is most likely counterfeit...and the Chinese are very good at that.

You do have the safety of the eBay guarantee to protect you...but this really isn't worth bothering over.
One has to wonder if this person buys who knows what kinds of lots of used or returned stuff to resell.

The transport costs are what raises the flag to me right away. I mean, they are charging $8-ish/qt which isn’t cheap, but to ship it free it must be on the slow boat or something else is up.

Only 1 feedback? I'd run away as fast as possible from that.

You really have to watch eBay sellers even when it says it's located in the United States, I bought some flash drives that took an extra week to receive all because it came from China first then once it got here they covered the shipping label with a USPS one but you could literally see the Customs label and Chinese language underneath. I left negative feedback but the seller still denied the claims and said it shipped from the US.... then why the extra week in shipping time? I wrote to eBay about it but evidently it falls on deaf ears, as long they get their money it doesn't matter.
One reason why I read the feedback comments from a new seller I am dealing with (you can find good info there). The fake "based in USA" claim is common among Chinese sellers, which, as you experienced, can add up to two or three weeks to delivery times. (they got me on that one in the past) Surprisingly, sometimes stuff can arrive from China in a week. I prefer to deal with USA sellers if I am in a hurry. Even Canada can take up to 14 days to arrive.

Thanks for all warnings and comments. Checking out Amazon now instead. Hopefully there are no fake Valvoline oil sellers there.

One reason why I read the feedback comments from a new seller I am dealing with (you can find good info there). The fake "based in USA" claim is common among Chinese sellers, which, as you experienced, can add up to two or three weeks to delivery times. (they got me on that one in the past) Surprisingly, sometimes stuff can arrive from China in a week. I prefer to deal with USA sellers if I am in a hurry. Even Canada can take up to 14 days to arrive.
The seller I dealt with had lots of feedback that stated the exact same thing with the items being shipped from China. I do not have a problem with where it comes from but they are misleading their customers by lying about the origin of shipping.

The well known issue with buying auto parts from China is that the risk is probably very high of them being counterfeit. But my initial concern was about engine oil. I wasn’t really sure or had any knowledge of it coming that far, that even oil can be counterfeit. What’s next? These days you have to assume any item is made in China, not the opposite. We’re going downhill.

Last edited:
Just buy it from Valvoline Global directly. Right now is buy one get one 50% off. $5-10 rebate, free shipping over a threshold.

Valvoline
Your $5 Discount Code
Thank you for your survey response. For your participation, here is your discount code to take $5 off of any order sitewide
VPSSURVEY5F79PK7QC
*expires one year from receipt
Use promo code at checkout to receive your discount.​

Back