Chevy to bring back the Corvair name

Mary Barra, President of General Motors announced today that Chevrolet will resurrect the Corvair name. The name will be applied to a two door CUV, plug in electric vehicle. The Corvair name was used in from 1960 to 1969 in a rear engined compact car. The new Corvair is expected to include self driving technology as well as automatic parallel parking. A prototype already exists, highly camouflaged from the public. The model is expected to be released April 1, 2022.

I'm honestly getting bored with all this retro stuff. Are car designers just running out of ideas?

the government must be "donating" a lot of $$$$ to manufacturers making rarely sold electric cars + i will NEVER buy one!!!!

"I wish they would bring back the Corvair. Sleek styling, room for 4 adults, 6 cylinder boxer air cooled rear engine, manual transmission, turbo option." Indeed. It was actually a brilliant car, way ahead of its time and a technical surprise from the engineers at GM. Jay Leno has a nice Corsa he raves about.

Used to be a guy I knew in the eighties who rolled a 72 Eldorado front clip under a 66 corvair, 500 V8 and all. Never finished the car completely but everything was properly connected and the car was drivable. It was wild and quite fast. I always liked the looks of the corvair, especially the 65 to 69, but after working on a few I decided they weren't for me.

Clearly a April fools joke but is any average car buyer under the age of 40 or 50 going to know what a Chevy Corvair was. It went out of production in 1969, that's a very long time ago.

Back