Chevron Makes John Deere J20D & J20C

I Emailed Chevron and asked the question if they made the Hy-Gard Fluids for them, and they Replied with the following.
Our Chevron (All Weather THF Full Synthetic) is "John Deere Hy-Gard J20D", Our Chevron (THF-1000) is "John Deere Hy-Gard J20C".
They would not give into any further details about if they Bottle it, or if they ship it in Bulk to one of John Deere's plants or Sub Contractors to be placed in John Deere branded Containers, But if you go to the Chevrons Web Page and look both of the above products up, you can click on the Spec's and see that they are the same as the Hy-Gard Fluids.

I Emailed Chevron and asked the question if they made the Hy-Gard Fluids for them, and they Replied with the following.
Our Chevron (All Weather THF Full Synthetic) is "John Deere Hy-Gard J20D", Our Chevron (THF-1000) is "John Deere Hy-Gard J20C".
They would not give into any further details about if they Bottle it, or if they ship it in Bulk to one of John Deere's plants or Sub Contractors to be placed in John Deere branded Containers, But if you go to the Chevrons Web Page and look both of the above products up, you can click on the Spec's and see that they are the same as the Hy-Gard Fluids.

Interesting. Is the Chevron much cheaper?

Does the PDS or SDS say Chevron as well?

Interesting. Is the Chevron much cheaper?

Does the PDS or SDS say Chevron as well?
Well I just did a search of my local Distributors within a 100 mile radius of my location to price the 5gal Pails of the Chevron All Weather THF, and the prices were bordering on the $200 mark, which is outrageous, And since I can purchase Two 1-Gal jugs of the John Deere J20D on Amazon for $57.94 and have it delivered for free right to my door I will just stick with the JD J20D.
But for those of you who use the John Deere J20C, you can purchase the Chevron THF 1000 at you local NAPA for $110.99 for a 5gal Pail.

Does Chevron used outsourced customer service that may have a tedious grasp of the English language and they meant those fluids are recommended for those John Deere applications and not that they are the supplier for the OE fluids.

FWIW, I don't think your email from Chevron states they make J20C/D. The oils they recommend might meet the same requirements as J20C/D but that oil is not J20C/D. That is what I get from your post and nothing more.

just my $0.02

Chevron products are of the highest quality. Actually I will use with confidence any of the majors Shell, Chevron, Mobil, Castrol products.

John Deere typically has 3 different vendors for an OEM fill product. Chevron, Phillips 66 and Petrocanada all have a piece of the OEM pie.

Some specialty products were single sourced. But those, again, were unique products.

From there, the “major” might sub it out to an independent blender for packaging. Depending on how backed up their own bottling line is. As I know ILMAs that are blending for a “major” which, then gets a JD label slapped on it.

Also, these are not your Chevron 1000, Kendall 052 / P66 Powertran, PC Durotran formulations. Instead they’re John Deere’s approved formulation subbed out to be blended. Minor differences may exist, such as use of Excel-Paralube base oils vs Motiva vs Chevron vs Petrocanada regionally. But the end product is statistically the same.

Back