Cheap or nice?

Caliper froze up- or maybe hose? Its difficult to troubleshoot but what I do know is my drive inner brake pad is metal on metal after 20k miles and the rest are great. No, its not the pins. And the pistons compress normally with my press.

Anyways, going to rebuild or replace both front calipers and put new hoses on. And obviously new pads.... not sure on the rest.

Option 1: Rebuild calipers, turn rotors, replace hoses and put some middle of the road ceramic pads on
Option 2: Replace calipers, hoses, rotors, and pads with Akebono pads.
Option 3: The hybrid. Save money by rebuilding calipers but run Akebono pads and new rotors.

This truck doesn't see a lot of miles but at any time it could. Not sure if its worth going the high road but not sure I'd be satisfied going the cheap route either. Thoughts? I should clarify the existing rotors are actually in really great shape, just a light lathing to resurface as I caught the fried pad just in time.

I have used the packages that offer the slotted/drilled rotors with upgraded pads and new hardware. Add a set of new calipers and hoses and enjoy a long time before the next maintenance. I haven't had a rotor turned in over a decade,new rotors are usually pretty cheap and OE rotors may not have enough meat on them to be turned with a good outcome. I remember having to change warped rotors on my wife's vehicles over the years. She has an aversion to downshifting on steep grades. I haven't had a warped rotor since going to slotted/drilled aftermarket brand name rotors. My .02

Back