Cheap, easily refined crude oil is in decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to an interview with Matthew Simmons, author of the book “Twilight in the Desert”. He is an energy analyst. His interview is lengthy, and contains some personal views, and misinformation. However, he makes some valid points that my contacts in the oil and gas business have verified.
Link: http://www.financialsense.com/transcriptions/Simmons.html

The major oil pools, easily available and pressurized, are old, and have been exploited for years. New technology that keeps the reservoirs pressurized, and producing at peak output (like fracking and water injection) is rapidly depleting these reservoirs.

This is not to imply that we are running out of oil. Some areas of known reserves, like Gorges Banks off Nova Scotia, and most of the Arabian Sea, are too politically sensitive for current exploitation. Efforts in the deep ocean are just now ramping up. The world still has great reserves of oil.

What is in decline is cheap oil. A lot of the new discoveries are also heavy or contaminated crude, requiring additional refinery steps. CHEAP, EASILY REFINED CRUDE OIL IS IN DECLINE. I especially like the references in the article about cost per pint of crude. Crude oil is historically a very undervalued product. Our “sticker shock” at the price of crude oil and refined products is a result of the lack of information about this issue in the mainstream press.

The cost of crude oil and refined products will go up. There is no war, no governmental decree, and no protectionist policies that will change this fact.

Most unfortunately still believe its a conspiracy theory and big oil is raping us.
frown.gif
=dumbing down of the American Public
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Yeah Al, they're hiding the cheap oil somewhere.

it's in the desert in Arizona. I heard from a friend of a friend of a cousin's uncle's aunt that they saw a tanker truck just dumping it, obviously to drive the price up.

quote:

Yeah Al, they're hiding the cheap oil somewhere.

I'm sending this too you offline because it's secret.

The reason you haven't seen many space shuttle flights lately is that they are using the shuttles to run secret night oil tanker missions to the moon where they are storing oil along side all the 150mpg carbruetors.

Gotta run now, I hear the black helicopters coming and El Chupacabra has been reported in the area. Don't tell anyone else or THEY will be after you too.

quote:

Well, these corporations should be forced to lose money.

Why would anyone start a corporation to make money?

Todays oil prices are in part driven by supply and demand, and in part driven by other factors (speculation, war, ...).

There is no supply problem in the US. Not one gas station has a shortage of gas - not one, not anywhere. No home is having trouble getting home heating oil. Not one. In fact, there is 15% more heating oil in storage now than one year ago. No trucks are running out of diesel supply. Not one.

Eventually the increasing demand in China and India will cause supply problems, but we are nowhere near that yet. The cost of pumping oil in Saudi Arabia has not gone up 100% in the last year. It probably hasn't gone up by 5%.

I'm not going to argue against the doom and gloom scenarios though. The sooner we tell Saudi Arabia and Iran and Venezuela where to stick their oil, the better. A media driven panic won't hurt the cause
lol.gif

mechtech
Member # 4768

posted 27 August, 2005 05:30
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How about Shell Oil [I believe] making $9,000,000,000 in profits for the first three months of the year?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1052 | From: Chicago area | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged |

Chevron/Texaco 1200000000. PROFIT!!! not bad esp after the take over bid for unocal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back