Cheap 12 pt socket vs monkey tight drain plug

Specifying the brand would've been far more clear, especially with a model moniker a lot less widely known than F-350.
You can pick at that all you like. Most on here know that I have a fleet of old MB diesels, and frankly it isn’t salient. The issue was hard stuck drain plug, and the best way to safely remove it from an aluminum drain pan, without damaging threads or anything. Nothing more, nothing less. Make/model is practically irrelevant at that point. Not damaging the pan, regardless of make was key.

Was cleaning out a box of junk and found a go2socket among the bottom of the box debris

I haven't need to use it but will add it to the toolbox. Not sure why it wasn't there. Don't even remember buying it.

Was cleaning out a box of junk and found a go2socket among the bottom of the box debris

I haven't need to use it but will add it to the toolbox. Not sure why it wasn't there. Don't even remember buying it.

Wow! I have one of those and I never knew what the heck it was! Now I know.
FYI, I inherited most of my tools from my older brother who owned Comprehensive Mechanics in Santa Cruz, CA. He passed from cancer at 44 and left me his hand tools. I have big and small SO rollaways full of SO tools. Since he was the go-to guy for 912 Porsches and German stuff in particuliar, there are lots of odd (to me) tools. Yup.

Say what?
This thread is long over.

Autocorrect on the phone does endless stupid things, as does voice transcription.

I think my intent was that perhaps the rocket socket that was supposed to fit might slip and not engage what was left of the bolt head.

Obviously that wasn’t the case.

Oil long since changed.

This thread is long over.

Autocorrect on the phone does endless stupid things, as does voice transcription.

I think my intent was that perhaps the rocket socket that was supposed to fit might slip and not engage what was left of the bolt head.

Obviously that wasn’t the case.

Oil long since changed.
Yes I understand but a quick look over before posting can't hurt.

this is why on the BMW motorcycle we always remove the fill plug first. Then the drain. They make copper and aluminum crush washers, I have less issues getting aluminum ones off.

Rod

Back