Chase Elliott out with broken leg

Chase is out for awhile looks like
Broken leg due to snowboarding accident
Hoping for a full recovery !!đź‘Ť

Aren't most professional drivers prohibited from that kind of extracurricular activities? Schumacher I think had skiing and a number of activities restricted.

Aren't most professional drivers prohibited from that kind of extracurricular activities? Schumacher I think had skiing and a number of activities restricted.

It's the ball/stick guys who can have their extracurricular activities restricted.

Ferrari used to hold an annual winter press event at a ski resort in northern Italy, including not only skiing but motor races.

A lot of drivers include cycling as part of their training regimen, and that's probably more dangerous, especially on public roads.

From what I read, Hendrick Motorsports had a policy in place to limit extracurricular activities until Rick hired Kyle Larson and the policy was changed at that time

Not only that, but he was restricted from riding scooters in the paddock. Or even from being driven on the back of one, back to the pits if his car took a dump. (A policy he violated, and was fined many times).

Which was hard for him because he loved motorcycles. And he even raced them for awhile after he retired from Formula 1. His wife Corrine begged him to quit..... He finally did, then almost bought it on skis.

Being it’s his left leg I will say that may be more problematic.
I wish him a speedy recovery.

It will be fun to see what Jordan Taylor can do behind the wheel at the road coarse he will be running at COTA

It’s just my opinion but drivers and team people routinely do things that are more dangerous than skiing or playing basketball or riding a scooter.

Davey Allison died flying a helicopter… Traveling from to Talladega.

Alan Kulwicki died in a plane crash in the Bristol area coming from another location.

And 9 people died near Martinsville in late 2004 many of whom were Hendrick Motorsports employees and family in a airplane crash.

Dale Earnhardt jr and his wife and child were EXTREMELY lucky they survived a plane crash in which the pilot really over ran a runway…. And the plane caught fire.

Back