Charger for generac xt8000e

Question to you electronic/electric gurus.

I purchased used Generac XT800e that came without trickle charger. I was about to order a OEM replacement but realized I have a spare charger that has exactly same port. My question is:
Charger that I have is select 6v or 12v output and goes up to 1a. Vs OEM charger is 13.5-14v and goes up to .75a. will my charger work or should I just get OEM replacement?

You don’t have a charger. You have a power supply that happens to have the same plug the charger uses.

If it is like other generac generators I have seen there is also a charger wired into the output of the generator that charges the battery while it is running in addition to the external port. Gives you a good reason to exercise it once in a while.

You don’t have a charger. You have a power supply that happens to have the same plug the charger uses.

If it is like other generac generators I have seen there is also a charger wired into the output of the generator that charges the battery while it is running in addition to the external port. Gives you a good reason to exercise it once in a while.
It probably charges off of magneto like riding mower does.

The older version I have of this at work does not charge off of a coil from the engine. There is a charger just like the one that plugs into it wired in behind the control panel that is powered from the generator output. Kinda smart on generics part as the charger is way cheaper than putting an armature and regulator on the engine.

Generator will not change the battery while running. Now I just need to check if I can charge it with charger I have on hand.

Attachments

• PXL_20210505_154955575.jpg
    PXL_20210505_154955575.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 8
Back