Champ oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious are all the filters Champion Labs make the same. I see they sell under Champ brand is it as good or the same as a mobile 1 filter???? My local mom and pop has champ filters for a few bucks.

I don't think that they are same ...

Champ makes K&N, RP, MOBIL1 Filters

K&N are a lot like .... Mobil1
RP is different Synthetic media

So there is a difference between the filter's champ makes they are not all the same just different labels and colors????

Originally Posted By: mimelio
Same ole

http://www.champlabs.com/OilFilters.aspx

Basicly looks the same as the SuperTech (E-core and unique bypass valve design).

oilfilters.gif

Originally Posted By: Aerojoe
So there is a difference between the filter's champ makes they are not all the same just different labels and colors????

Not all the same inside with different colors. Price of a filter is an indication of it's quality and performance to some degree. If a Mobil 1 filter made by Champ Labs is $12, and another brand made by Champ Labs is $3 ... this is a pretty good indication that they are not the same inside.

No same cheap E-Core construction. M1 isn't an E-Core. I have seen and heard of many early E-Cores fiber ends not securely bonded to media and leaking.

No same cheap E-Core construction. M1 isn't an E-Core. I have seen and heard of many early E-Cores fiber ends not securely bonded to media and leaking.

Post up those photos of the leaking Ecores...

They were in the garage and didn't have a camera. Search internet as there are a few unused ones with poor bonding.

In that particular application the M1 is pretty short. In other applications the M1 has significantly more surface area than the Fram. But more importantly what conclusion does one draw from measuring and comparing surface area of two totally different media compositions. Are we saying that Purolator Micronic, Amsoil EAO, M1, and other syn medias have the same filtration and retention properties as paper? That would have to be the underlying assumption which will be hard for some to accept.

They were in the garage and didn't have a camera. Search internet as there are a few unused ones with poor bonding.

Upon MILLIONS that are sold.
smirk2.gif

I've cut open at least a hundred and everyone the ends have been on and require quite a bit of pressure to rip them loose.

I'd use a e-core with no question or concern.

check out this study (Last Year) Mobil 1 had least amount of media less than half of the Fram for same application. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1662838

The amount of media in a filter does not matter. WHAT the media is and how it performs is what is important.

More is NOT better.

Originally Posted By: defektes
then you got acdelco, stp and supertech. ST and STP are the same where as AcDelco has different media but otherwise teh same.

Actually, from my filter inspections, the AC Delco and STP Champs are the same. The Suprtechs have less media and it's of less quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back