Champ(Champion Labs) filter = made in China?

And if the filter is rated upto 5K miles, then that's only 625 miles. If an engine is putting out 1 g/100 mi then the filter is worth more than the engine. :D
An engine can also ingest and not put out contaminants. The engine can be putting in whatever grams per 1000 miles from itself or from the environment. Like having an air intake opening and driving in a dusty place. Correct 20/4=2500/4. It’s an example the ratio doesn’t matter. The point is the 20 k is only advice taken from the holding capacity of the filter based on nearly the best conditions.

Really. Last time I looked on Rock, these were some of the cheapest filters they carried. If concerned about quality, why bothering with these regardless of where they're made?
I bought a couple of Champ filters from Rock as a gift for one of my boys, I paid less than $2 each for them and added them to an order so they cost nothing extra to ship . They were the cartridge type for a Chevy 2.4L. I removed one from the box and compared it to the AC Delco filter I had on hand. They are the exact same filter. Visually the same as far as media and pleats all the way down to the color of the O-ring on the stem and the color of the printing ink on the filter. The only difference was that one had the Champ part # on it and the other had AC Delco

I bought a couple of Champ filters from Rock as a gift for one of my boys, I paid less than $2 each for them and added them to an order so they cost nothing extra to ship . They were the cartridge type for a Chevy 2.4L. I removed one from the box and compared it to the AC Delco filter I had on hand. They are the exact same filter. Visually the same as far as media and pleats all the way down to the color of the O-ring on the stem and the color of the printing ink on the filter. The only difference was that one had the Champ part # on it and the other had AC Delco
That's good to know. I've almost done the same when I've ordered from Rock, but was scared off by the super low price, to be honest.

An engine can also ingest and not put out contaminants. The engine can be putting in whatever grams per 1000 miles from itself or from the environment. Like having an air intake opening and driving in a dusty place.
An engine always puts out it's own self generated contaminates, like wear metals from parts rubbing together and wearing, and also lots of debris generated from combustion blow-by. Even if the intake air was perfectly clean those sources of contamination would still exist.

Correct 20/4=2500/4. It’s an example the ratio doesn’t matter. The point is the 20 k is only advice taken from the holding capacity of the filter based on nearly the best conditions.
Not based on the "best conditions", more like on average conditions. Nobody designs filters based on the cleanest engine in the world.

Back