Cessna Cardinal 177RG for sale. Jupiter, FL

Thought I'd post this here, just in case there is some interest. I've retired, partially due to health issues, and would like to sell my plane. It is among the lowest priced Cardinal RG's on the market. I've owned it since 2007, put a lot of love into it, and it will make a great retract for the next owner.

1971 Cessna 177RG, S/N RG0018, 3820TT, 822SMOH, 500SPOH, IO360 A1B6 with 2 separate magnetos, 1017 useful load, always stored in a hangar at F45, crystal clear front windows, clean fabric interior, clean older paint, 6 pack instrument panel, dual KX155's, KT76 transponder, Tail Beacon ADSB, Spar AD C/W. Powerflow exhaust, GAMI injectors, Challenger K+N air filter, 143Kts. Annual due March 2025. Regularly flown. I've owned the plane since 2007, put quite a bit of time and effort into making all the small details nice!

Some of you have been around here long enough to remember when I replaced all the interior plastics with new parts, and used Gulstream fabrics and carpet for the interior.

I'm asking $95K, OBO.

As you might expect, I'm getting interest from "tire kickers", but that's OK, I enjoy talking to them. You never know who might be inspired to own a plane.

riAxLlQ.jpg

Last edited:
Online I read, A new Cessna 172 Skyhawk in 2023 will cost around $359,000 for the base model. What's with the huge price increases on these small planes? I remember back in the 70's seeing ads saying, For about the price of a luxury car, you can buy a plane. And that was $10-15K back then. Why are they so much more now?

It certainly is a nice looking plane, and $95,000 for an RG in nice shape, always hangared and not sitting and rotting unused outside, owned by an A&P should be drawing lots of attention. You can spend lots, lots more than that for an RG that may not have had the proper attention this one has enjoyed.

Good luck with the sale!

Online I read, A new Cessna 172 Skyhawk in 2023 will cost around $359,000 for the base model. What's with the huge price increases on these small planes? I remember back in the 70's seeing ads saying, For about the price of a luxury car, you can buy a plane. And that was $10-15K back then. Why are they so much more now?
I don't think you can get realistically purchase a Skyhawk for that. With the most common configuration options, the price easily tops $400K. Although, let's be honest here, the 172 is likely a better choice for many people, as it is not a complex plane. People love them for a reason.

The Cardinal RG is considerably faster in cruise, and makes for a really nice cross country machine, easily capable of 700+ mile trips without refueling and plenty of reserve. I can fly from South FL to my TN property in 4.5 hours, non stop. Whereas the drive takes 17 hours and a hotel stop. That's the difference between being there for lunch the first day, or the second day.

Ohhhhh noooooo, it has a K&N air filter. It is doomed.

Source: Bitog told me so.

PS: Gorgeous plane!
Funny that you bring that up. In reality, the K+N makes a perfect filter for aircraft use. Remember, many of these engines such as the ones used on stunt planes, use no air filter at all, and some have no oil filter! Yet with good maintenance, they last for decades.

A very nice Cardinal and probably worth around what you're asking.
There is a dearth of good singles so you should be able to move it for close to your asking.
Don't you have mixed feelings about parting with it?

Back